Its OK Not To Have Your Self Together In College

So maybe my way of “having my shit together” looks like a mess to everyone else but the truth is there is a method to my madness and it works for me.

38
Flickr

Looking around at my friends, sorority sisters, and people on campus, it seems like everyone has it together. Everyone but me that is. In the midst of finals week everyone seems to be handling studying and stress very well and seem to know just exactly what they will be doing this summer, some even have their lives planned out.

I literally have sorority sisters who are engaged, or moving in with boyfriends, adopting pets, and buying houses or cars. That's insane to me because some days I forget whether or not I had lunch.

I'm constantly wondering why it feels like everyone else just has their life together and I don’t. But, what I’ve come to realize is that I AM NOT MY FRIENDS. And the sooner you realize this, my fellow females who do not have their shit together, the happier you will be.

I’ve realized that having my life be somewhat of a tornado of unexpected occurrences is just in my nature. I probably won't be getting engaged or adopting a dog anytime soon but that doesn’t mean I won't be able to.

Life is all about juggling the things that come at you. And I do that pretty well, I mean I’m not in jail and I make good grades. So maybe my way of “having my shit together” looks like a mess to everyone else but the truth is there is a method to my madness and it works for me.

So find your own way of handling things, stop comparing it to everyone else’s, and I promise things will fall into place eventually.