Growing up, I couldn't wait to be in my twenties. I absolutely hated being a teenager--high school was anything but the best four years of my life--and I couldn't wait to grow up and be like the ~adults~ I saw on TV.
Except my twenties has been literally nothing like that.
1. You will not have your shit together.
2. In fact, no one will have their shit together.
3. If someone seems like they have their shit together, they're probably lying.
4. Transitioning into adulthood is hard.
5. You'll make lots of mistakes.
6. ...but you'll learn from those mistakes.
7. It's okay to have no idea what you're doing.
8. But eventually, you're going to have to have an ~idea~ of what you're doing.
Like, maybe not a solid plan, but an outline at least.
9. You need to learn how to do things for yourself.
10. Learn how to cook.
11. Learn how to shop for groceries.
12. Learn how to use coupons!
13. Figure out how to budget...
14. ...and keep practicing until you can stick to it.
15. Make sure you know how to do basic chores.
16. Try to have a good relationship with your parents.
Or at least a relationship where you can call for help when you need it.
17. Your body is not as strong (or healthy) as it used to be.
18. ...which is why you should learn how to take care of yourself now.
19. Get a gym membership.
20. And actually *use* that gym membership.
21. Learn how to cook more than pasta.
22. ...and more than chicken nuggets.
Yes, this is a not-so-subtle dig at myself.