7 Things To Do This Fall Instead of Going On A Date
relationships

Uncuff Yourself From Cuffing Season And Do These 7 Things Instead Of Going On A Date

Because why date someone who's terrible when you could literally have fun alone?

93
Date

Recently, I had a feeling and that feeling was loneliness.

I believe it's my body and mind having a brief lapse because I realize that it's almost my least favorite time of the year: cuffing season.

For those who don't know what cuffing season is, either because you've been in a relationship for 900 years or because you literally can't be bothered, its a time of year, usually beginning around October-ish when the weather starts getting cooler, people start looking for companions to cuddle with and, for lack of a better word, date for the winter months so they don't have to be alone when it's cold out.

If that wasn't already pathetic, I, yes strong, independent and cannot stand men, got a little lonely and decided to go on some dates again. Idk why because in my heart I knew what the outcome would be. And, because I don't date people out of convenience.

I can't go on any more dates because everyone is into cuffing season mode and that's some mess I don't need.

So, instead of going on another terrible date, here are a few things I can do:

Do My Laundry

www.pexels.com

Okay this sounds unusual BUT laundry is something that has to be done. It's so much more productive than going on a useless date. Besides, have y'all ever smelled freshly done laundry because WOW.

Take Online Quizzes

www.pexels.com

If you've always wanted to know your Myers-Briggs, now's your time. If you still want something romance-oriented, you can discover your love language. There's a whole world of online quizzes, Buzzfeed even has its own page specifically about quizzes. They're fun, popular, easy and there's so many that you will never get bored. So, the next time you think you wanna go out, just go down the quiz rabbit hole.

Go For A Walk

www.pexels.com

Sometimes fresh air can reset your mind and body. I know that sometimes I love walking around outside, especially when it's warm. I can look at the flowers, I can take off my shoes and just enjoy the sunshine and the breeze; the fruits of the earth. Which is much better than going on a date in a stuffy restaurant with someone who only talks about Fortnite and Cryptocurrency.

Take A Nap

www.pexels.com

Whenever I don't wanna do something, I usually just go to sleep. Being in my pajamas is so much better than having to get dressed up to meet someone who is inevitably gonna be underdressed for our date. Also, being asleep is always so much better and more peaceful than having to be awake and exert energy.

Go Shopping!!!

www.pexels.com

Literally, you can always buy something to temporarily fill the whole in your heart. Even if people say money doesn't buy happiness, it can buy you things that make you happy. Well at the very least happier than you'd be at a haunted house with someone you barely even know and are starting to dislike.

Watch A Movie

www.pexels.com

Movies are great! If you're watching in your room, you can be as loud as you want, you can be on your phone, and you can be as outwardly emotional as you want to be. And movies are longer than TV shows, so you can get really emotionally invested and not have to think about how lonely you are. Watching a movie by yourself also means you may not have to wear pants, which is so much better than a movie theater, where pants are required and you have to be constantly looking out for some weird guy doing the fake yawn and then putting his arm around you.

Take Yourself Out To Eat

www.pexels.com

If you just insist on going to a restaurant, GO ALONE! You can do that, it's allowed and not weird at all. Actually, it's so much better. You don't have to wait as long for a table. You don't have to sit through the awkward conversation. You can get as many refills as you want without being judged. You can order whatever you want. You get your food quicker. And your server is ALWAYS nicer when it's just one person, so you can tip them better. It's truly a win-win. Plus, you don't have to do the cooking!

Listen here, don't fall for the cuffing season trap! They're literally gonna leave you at the first sign of spring; that's how cuffing season works. So, instead of looking for something inauthentic, have an even better relationship with someone you already love.

Yourself!

There are going to be a lot of articles that come out about fall date ideas, but stay strong, my friends! You do not need anyone! You have movies, nature, and pasta.