Valentine's Day Activities For Single People

I made a quick list for all of the single people suffering on Valentine's Day, please enjoy

58
Time And Date

Valentine's Day has always been my least favorite holiday. Why would I celebrate my love for someone only once a year? Why do I have to confine my gifts to that special day? Why is it such a terrible time for the single people? Well, I've always had a partner on Valentine's Day and I've always wished my friends and family a happy day as well. I've created my own traditions and never thought much of it. This year though, I'm off work and I think I'll participate in some activities for Valentine's Day. They're all couple activities but ya know, for single people, where we can binge on whatever and not have to worry about our non-existent partner's feelings.

1. Eat Sweets

Don't be shy on engaging your fat side! Valentine's Day is like Halloween but pink and red. We're allowed to eat all sorts of chocolate and sweets. It doesn't matter if your partner gave the sweets to you or if you went to the school cafeteria and stalked up on ice cream and sugar instead of actual food.

2. Watch Romantic Movies Or Rom-Coms

I don't care what anybody says, there are people watching movies on Valentine's Day. Most people will be dragged to see the new Fifty Shades of Grey (Gray?) movie. I'm not a romantic movie kind of gal, I prefer my dark movies. My romance goes as far as Titanic. I think this year I'll watch Gone with the Wind or maybe Edward Scissorhands. You all can do whatever suites your fancy.

3. Find Friends

Friends are great for everything, but on Valentine's Day, stay away from your coupled friends. They have plans and don't need a third wheel, that would just be weird. Instead, get some single friends together. Get dressed and go out, sit and watch movies and eat junk together, talk about your exes that just broke up with you, I don't know just have a fun time together. Valentine's Day is open to friends and family, you could even get a fake date to impress a crush or be petty with that ex I just mentioned. Just have fun.

4. Make It Rain

Ya know what is exciting? All of the above costs no money! Unless maybe you go out somewhere, I know I have no plans of doing so. I also have no cash so I can't necessarily bath in all the money I'm saving. I could through all of my pennies around, for some reason I always have pennies. Vending machines don't even let you use them either! I could buy so many sodas with my pennies. Anyways, that's besides the point. Go to the bank, take out some cash, make it rain, and then deposit that money again if you want.

5. Make Some Crafts

Maybe you're like my roommate and love to craft, personally, it's not my thing. You could make crafts for all of your friends and family. You could design various cards for your coupled friends who completely forgot what day it was. If you did that you would save their Valentine's Day, or completely ruin it if you wanted. I doubt your friend would be inclined to check over any little secrets you wanted to slip in. Maybe you could craft a prank to use on your ex and their new partner, don't forget to video tape that and send it to me.

6. Pamper Yourself

If you and your friends end up getting together for a night of single fun, why not have a pampering party? You could also do this alone but I hear people prefer others to work for them than to work themselves. You could have fun doing each other's makeup, manicures/pedicures are an option, you could pick out the masseuse in the group and get massages, maybe someone has hair dye, the possibilities are endless.

7. Make Like A Sim And Hibernate

If you don't play Sims Freeplay and don't know how long a hibernation is for a Sim, have no fear. It's around 27 hours so if you have nothing to do on Valentine's Day, then sleep through it. Start at midnight and don't wake up until the next morning. Some people I know are fully capable of this, others can barely stay in bed for five minutes. If you concentrate hard enough though, you can do anything you set your mind to.

8. Prank People

So, this is more on the mean side but also the funny side. I've mentioned your ex(es) a lot in this article because this would be a fabulous opportunity to prank them. Your hate level depends on the prank but if you need a few ideas. You could call their partner or date and pretend to be the other woman or man, that would be funny. You could accidentally put a hot pepper in their dessert. You could even call their parents have them embarrass your ex and their date. I'm not much of a prankster but I always have ideas for a prank, if you need me, you know where to find me.

9. Self Pity

I don't know you personally, but maybe you're the self pity type or maybe you're all alone. Either way, you could always self pity about your situation. You could lay there on your bed and stare at the ceiling and day dream about the Valentine's Day you wish you had. You could write yourself love notes about what you wish your partner would've said. It's all up to you, everyone self pities differently.

10. Write Your Own Novel

How do you think most romance novels are written? I would wager that most are written on Valentine's Day by people who were just as alone as you're feeling. Our greatest works of art come from a place of extreme emotion. Not to mention, you have all of this creativity inside of you that no one is taking advantage of. So, grab a computer, a typewriter, or a pen and paper, and get writing! Make your dreams become a profitable reality, I'll see your novel in the movies next year.

11. Catch Up On School/Chores/Whatever

I know I always have a lot of work to catch up on and I do a lot of volunteering. Spending some time alone could be a blessing, you won't have many friends to worry about either. So, you could always get out your bookbag or suitcase and get that pile of work done and ready for tomorrow. Everyone else will be behind but you'll be ahead for sure!

I hope you enjoyed my list of single person activities. I'm not sure what I'll be doing, it may be everything or it may just be sleeping. Like I said, I'm off work which means I have from 3:00 pm to 2:00 am to do whatever I please. Happy Valentine's Day!