The 6 Worst Parts About Having A Brother

Unfortunately, you can't choose your family.

117
Ashley Csordos

There is no relationship that could ever compare to that of a brother and sister. Siblings are built in best friends, they're forever stuck with you! If you don't get along with your sibling, you're in for a long childhood. Fortunately, my brother quickly became my best friend. He has always been there for me through the good, the bad, and the ugly. I have always considered myself blessed when I think about the relationship my brother and I share.

Some siblings don't speak ever and some fight constantly when they do. My brother is my best friend, and there is nothing that could ever alter that: Unless the Knicks ever beat the Warriors, then there's an issue. My brother is stubborn, strong willed, and sometimes kinda funny. I couldn't imagine a world without him by my side. However, everyone has some flaws and below are just some things that irk me about my best friend:

1. He's always right

Whether it was about a boy or a math problem, my brother always had the correct solution. He was always there for me whenever I needed him and his advice exceeded my expectations every time. If I was at fault or he thought I was stupid, he never let it show. Lucky for me, he never said "I told you so."

2. He plays his music too loud

I have many things to thank my brother for and my taste in music is at the top of the list. For years he has blasted his music to the point where the walls would shake. At first, I hated it. But eventually, I fell in love with the intense guitar and the raw lyrics of pop punk music. Without my brother blaring his music obnoxiously loud, I wouldn't be able to enjoy Warped Tour with him every year.

3. He never plans things in advance

I can always count on my brother to be up for a spontaneous adventure. He's the only one who has even been able to keep up with me when it comes to adventures. Honestly, some of our best memories have come from being spontaneous. Whether it's a hockey game at Yankee Stadium or a concert in the city, he is always up for it.

4. He is a Star Wars nerd

Star Wars, also known as the greatest franchise of all time, is something my brother became obsessed with extremely early on in life. From lightsabers to action figures, he had it all. If he never became such a nerd, I would never have been introduced to the series and never would've completely fallen in love with it. Star Wars is one of my favorite movies of all time, thanks to him. And now both of us are counting down the days until Episode VIII comes out!

5. He is always on his phone

Being an eighteen-year-old girl, I have a lot of problems which I believe are the end of the world. Being a twenty-two-year-old boy, he usually just rolls his eyes. However, I can always count on him to answer the phone when I need him too. I've called to rant about the silliest things, and every time he answers and every time he makes me feel like everything will be okay. Without my brother constantly being on his phone, I would probably go crazy with no one to vent too. He never leaves me hanging unless he knows he's going to lose in 8-Ball.

6. He is 250 miles away

I absolutely adore Penn State University. My only complaint is how far my best friend is from me. I've never known a life without my brother living across the hall, yet when I came to Penn State, his room was now across the entire northeast! It hurts knowing after a long day I can't sit on his bed and rant while he pretends to listen while he plays video games. The only good aspect of being this far away is that we appreciate the time we do spend together a whole lot more.