To My Brother

To My Brother

From your sister, who loves you very much.

5
To My Brother
Disposable Photography

This may come as a surprise because we spend most of our lives fighting, but it's time that you know a few things. It's time that I tell you a few things.

The last thing your probably want to hear is advice from your sister, but hear me out because you never know when I'll have the rhyme or reason you'll be needing. Don't ignore me for once and keep reading.

You are good enough.

I don't think you hear it enough, but I just wanted to let you know that you are worth so much to me. When we fight, I know we say awful things, even if we're just kidding around, but no matter what I say, I want you to know that you a so much more than good enough. No matter how big your muscles are or how high your score is in that video game, you are worth more than the world to me.

You're so handsome.

The girls that are in your life will never be able to see it as much as I have, but know that no matter what anyone says, you are good looking. You might already think that you are, but I just wanted to make sure you knew.

But don't let it get to your head. Looks aren't everything. Remember to work on your inside as much as your outside. There is nothing more handsome than someone who is full of good stuff.

Women aren't objects.

From all of our wrestling, I hope you've noticed how strong women can be and from the fact that you have women in your family, I hope you treat other women how you would want other men to treat me.

Treat women with love and kindness because there are already enough men in the world that don't. If I ever catch you being a jerk to any woman, you'll have to deal with me and I know you don't want that.

Men need love, too.

The world has taught you this silly notion that men should only show love to the women in their family and their significant other, but offer it to your guy friends, too. Give your best friends a hug and tell them that you love them. Feelings are nothing to be ashamed of.

With that, don't be afraid to receive love either. If I tell you that I love you, don't roll your eyes at me. You've been warned. If your guy friends tell you that they love you, give them a little wink in return and say it back. Love can be funny.

No girl will ever be good enough.

You may be good enough, but I will probably never approve of any girl you introduce me to. However, I'd love to see you prove me wrong. I hope you find that girl that will sweep you off your feet and that I will absolutely adore, as well. I just want someone to love you as much as I do, or at least someone that thinks they do. I mean, if it ends up being a boy, that's cool too. Same rules still apply.

I love you so much and I probably don't say that enough. I'll try harder. Thanks for always being there when I need a punching bag or when I need to complain about everyone else in our family. You are my shining star and my favorite person. Always.