A Letter To My Boyfriend

A Letter To My Boyfriend

Thank you for loving me.

12459
A Letter To My Boyfriend
facebook.com

Hey babe,

I honestly don't even know where to start. I guess I'll start with the fact that I'm extremely grateful for you and I would never want you to think otherwise, no matter what happens. You've made me the woman I am today, the woman I love to be, so here's to you.

Throughout the course of us being together, you have taught me a lot. You taught me how to be 'one of the boys,' how to toughen up, how to look at things from other perspectives. You tried to teach me about the rules of a couple sports, but as much as I tried I just couldn't, and still can't understand them. I could go on and on about all the things you taught me, but most importantly, you taught me about love.

Before you, I've had many experiences that led me to believe that love wasn't for me. Not just love for someone else, but self-love. Since I was a little girl, I've wanted nothing more but to be in love. I wanted to find my prince charming and live my life 'happily ever after.' Well, some things happened to me once I got a little older and I believed that there was no way that life was for me, that God had some other plan.

Then, you came along and damn, I didn't see that coming. In the beginning, I saw nothing for us. You were just another boy in my life, and there was no way in hell I saw us being anything like we are now. Well, it took you long enough, but you finally asked me to be yours. At the start, it was a little confusing. I wasn't used to being treated as good as you treat me, I was still under the impression that I was undeserving of it, but you didn't let that stop you. You treated me, and still do, treat me like the princess I dreamed to be as a little girl.

Because of you, I learned that maybe love is for me. You never make me feel anything but loved and cared about. You always make me feel safe, whether we're together or apart. You never make me feel anything less than perfect, even on my worst days.

There are a million and one things I'd like to thank you for. Right now, I'd like to specifically thank you for being so good with my family. There's nothing in the world I cherish more than my family and you've proven to me that that's not a problem for you at all. You've made it clear that you want to be a part of my family just as much as I want to be a part of yours. You have so much respect for my parents, it's admirable. You understand how hard it is for them letting me go and you never fail to assure them that you'll take care of me, protect me, and love me once I was no longer their baby girl. Thank you, because no matter how much I remind them that I'll always be their baby girl and that I'm giving my heart to a good man, your extra reassurance always helps.

I'm sorry that I can be an annoying brat sometimes. I know that I can be really sassy or really mean, especially when I'm hungry. I'm sorry sometimes that I'm so thickheaded that you have to raise your voice at me so I can get the point. I'm not sorry for embarrassing you while we're out, whether I'm dancing like a fool or acting like a kid, it makes me laugh and you know you secretly love it. There's no way you don't miss that when you run errands by yourself and I know you definitely miss our car duets when you're driving by yourself because I sure do.

I want you to know that I love you. I love you with every part of me, there's nothing more that I want in the world than to spend the rest of my life with you. All the marriage talk, the baby talk, the petty arguing over what we'll name our future dogs, I want all of that with you. You've shown me what love is, you taught me how to love myself. I can't thank you enough for that.

Thank you for all the little things, you may not think I notice them, but I do. Thank you for memorizing every piece of me. You know what to look out for when I'm about to cry, you know exactly what to say to get me to laugh so hard my nose flutters, and you definitely know how to love me for who I am. So, here's to you.

Love always,

Your princess.