Thank You For All That You Do, Drew

Thank You For All That You Do, Drew

Drew Brees is one of the most beloved people in the state of city of New Orleans, the state of Louisiana and, let's be real, the whole country.

14
Thank You For All That You Do, Drew
@saints via Twitter

Let's be real here... Last week, while Clinton and Trump were going at it, the entirety of the Who Dat Nation was watching the Saints game. Even though we might have lost, this game was one of the most important games for the city of New Orleans. It was the ten year anniversary of "Rebirth." There has been one guy that has been with us for a while now (about 11 years), but prior to his time with his beloved Saints he spent a few years with the Chargers... and that brings me to yesterday.

The Saints headed to Qualcomm Stadium and won themselves a football game! (WHO DAT!) Of course, we were on our toes the whole time and let out the biggest sigh of relief when the Saints scored 14 points in less than five minutes to secure a one point lead over the Chargers. Drew, with the help of a slew of people like Mark Ingram, John Kuhn, Willie Snead, and Craig Robertson, in true New Orleans fashion never gave up. That's what the spirit of New Orleans is all about. Like I said earlier, Drew has been with us for about eleven years, and he has truly grasped what it means to be a New Orleanian.

To be honest, I'm not about to write an article about all the records Drew Brees has and all the amazing skills he has on the football field (Nine Pro Bowls, led the Saints to their first Super Bowl Championship in 2009, and overcame a shoulder injury), I'm here to talk about all the great things he does outside of The Dome and why he makes him one of the most beloved people in the state of city of New Orleans, the state of Louisiana, and the whole country (and if we're being honest here... I know you Falcons fans have a soft spot in your hearts for Drew).

First and for most, Drew is one good looking dude. Like, come on, you can't not agree with me. He's got it going on. Brees has the most precious family. Even if you aren't a Saints fan, you will never forget the picture of Drew holding up Baylen with his earmuffs on in the confetti after the Super Bowl. #iconic His wife, Brittany, and his four kids are perfect. (Drew, if you're reading this and you're looking for a babysitter, I will literally do it for free and pay for your kids' ice cream at Creole Creamery... for real though). Drew and Ellen (a New Orleans native) are BFFs and he is always on her show. If you follow Drew on Facebook, like I do, he is constantly doing giveaways and I still haven't won anything... (hmm, maybe it's about time that changes). Drew and the other quarterbacks do challenges during training camp at the Greenbrier ever year. They are honestly a hoot to watch. Drew also owns a plethora of Jimmy John's all over the greater New Orleans area, and this is really important. I am always in the market for a fabulous sandwich to get delivered to my house via bicycle.

Most importantly Drew is constantly doing philanthropic work. His foundation, The Brees Dream Foundation, is all about, "improving the quality of life for cancer patients and provide care, education and opportunities for children and families in need." Brees's foundation has raised over $25,000,000. (drewbrees.com) This money has been donated to over fourteen different charities. You can donate on his website and you can find out more about all the events he hosts for The Brees Dream Foundation on his website.

Drew, thank you for all you have done for the city of New Orleans. I am forever thankful for you (especially in 2009 when I was the only Saints fan at the Super Bowl party I went to). You are constantly giving so much of the time you don't have to New Orleans. It is so refreshing to have a public figure who is so genuine and cares so much about what's going on around them. You have given way too much to us and I just can't even begin to fathom the love the city of New Orleans has for you. I will never not be listening to the radio, getting updates via Twitter or the Saints app (I still love when my phone says, "TOUCHDOWWWWN SAINTS!!!" in the middle of public places), live streaming on my computer, or watching the game on tv. Thank you again for all you do. I still believe (believing... isn't that what we do in New Orleans?) that we can win the Super Bowl this year, I will always believe in you Drew and the rest of the Saints program. Who Dat!