My Problem With Perfection

My Problem With Perfection

In case you haven't guessed it, I'm a perfectionist! Shocker, I know!

27
My Problem With Perfection

As put together as I may seem (not to toot my own horn), I struggle with perfectionism on the daily.

In My Mind, I'm Never Doing Enough

stressed spongebob squarepants GIF Giphy

Even when I was working numerous jobs, commuting to college and doing a million other things, in my mind it was and is never enough. I really struggle with perfection in that I feel like I am never doing enough. I also often feel like what I am doing isn't good enough, even when I'm giving 110%.

Therefore, I am clearly very hard on myself. For no reason!

Could I Be Doing More? 

more colors GIF by Leon Giphy

Could I be doing more? Probably. Should I be doing more? Definitely not.

In my senior year of high school I took 10 classes and worked 3 jobs. From there, I have only grown in my successes of multitasking. I just graduated college a semester early in the middle of a pandemic. I also found two remote internships and a job at a pilates studio. So why do I feel like I need to be doing more?

I have a constant need to feel productive

Cat GIF Giphy

My mom constantly makes fun of me asking if I am on steroids. She also often refers to me as a tornado because I will often come home and do what seems like a thousand things at once.

For whatever reason, I have a constant need to feel productive.

Most recently, since graduating college and not having a full time job I have been waking up at 6 am to take 7am workout classes. Why? I have no idea. Do I need to be doing this? No. Does it make me feel like a more put together person? Absolutely!

To My Fellow Perfectionists, It's Okay To Take a Break!

Chill Energize GIF by Megnificent Creative Giphy

In the past few months I have really tried to focus on taking care of myself and resting when I need to rest, both mentally and physically. It can be really hard for me sometimes, but I am trying my best.

So to my fellow perfectionists ... take this as your sign to take a chill pill and take a break!