It's hard getting around the fact that my friends are a little apprehensive to move anything in my room when they are over, fearing that I may have a minor panic attack - I learned this the hard way.
But nonetheless, everyone has their own little quirks and mine just seems to be that I am a perfectionist. Throughout the day or even over a span of time, I catch myself doing something that automatically makes me roll my eyes because of how ridiculous it seems.
But honestly, if something is not done a certain way, my life seems to be over even if I know it is okay. I'm sure this is different for all the perfectionists out there but I just can't help make fun of myself.
Here are 11 things you know too well if you are a perfectionist.
1. Your bed is always done before you leave your house.
Even if you are in a hurry or are too lazy, you still manage to make it look like it's never been slept in. Ever.
2. Your workspace is clutter free.
Whether it's your office desk or sitting in class, everything is organized and papers are properly together because anything more is just unacceptable.
3. This also goes for your room.
Having your room spotless like no one lives in there is a little satisfying, oddly enough.
4. You rather do everything yourself.
I love working with other people but I can't help but know something will not be done to my standards and I just rather do it myself.
5. Putting gas in your car is a life or death situation.
You better believe that price will be $XX.00.. Not a cent less, not a cent more.
6. Hanging up pictures or anything in your house takes hours.
If it's not perfect and checked 53 times over again, then you're doing it again just to be sure.
8. There's a lot of dedication when it comes to prepping food.
Even if it's just cupcakes, you bet they are going to look as if the Queen of England is coming for a visit.
9. You go overboard on little tasks.
You just wanted me to sweep the floors? Well the baseboards are scrubbed too. You're Welcome!
10. Color-coordination applies to everything in life.
Hanging up clothes, shoes, markers, dishes, food.. I mean the list can go on and on and on and o...
11. Anyone touching your belongings without supervision is forbidden.
Want something from my room, I'm right behind you making sure you only get what you need.