Paul Walker Set Our Standards For Men Too High

Sorry, Boys, I'm Picky About Guys Thanks To Paul Walker

He melted my heart while other guys turned it ice cold.

62

Anyone who knows me knows I'm infatuated with Paul Walker. Yes, some seem to think I'm a bit crazy because I'm basically in love with someone who I've never met nor never will get to meet. Being a hopeless romantic isn't easy. I'm not the only girl out there who's hopelessly in love with Paul. What makes him so special anyway?

To start, just look at him. He's got the look that Hollywood pays for and women lust for. What gets me the most is his eyes. His eyes are as deep and blue as the ocean he loved. They say the eyes are a window to the soul, and when you look into Paul's they show a soul of absolute purity and honesty. I'm not saying you have to be pure in order to be relevant to me, but I want my guy to have a soul that compliments mine. Someone who strives to always do good, as Paul did and often said to everyone he knew. A guy who will push me to be the be3st version of me is what any girl deserves. I also love his hair, regardless of whether it was cut short or was still long (gotta love the hippy Cali vibes his long hair portrayed), it always looked good in my book.

He's a family man. From day one, Paul has always had such a strong connection to each family member, especially his youngest brother Cody. I'm extremely close to my family as well, and I don't know if I could ever be with a guy who didn't share close bonds with his family. I've seen how Paul was with his family in "I Am Paul Walker," and I've seen him with his "Fast and Furious" family. The way his friends and family cherished him is how I want my guy's friends and family to be. It's hard to imagine how some guys can treat a girl so badly, yet treat his mother or his sister like a princess. Often, it's easy to figure out how a person will be based on their friends and their actions. Seeing a guy in his element with his buddies by his side is the best way to see how he really is.

I don't have to know him to know Paul was a passionate person. He saw the effects of the earthquake in Haiti in 2009 and found a way to get there and help, even creating Reach Out Worldwide to aid the cause and any future causes. It didn't matter how dangerous it was, he knew he wanted to go and help. He was also passionate about the ocean, especially the sharks that live in it. His safe haven was the ocean, where he could go back to his roots and just surf without the pressure being a celebrity places on a person. He's always loved nature and even contemplated ending his acting career to become a park ranger. Ironically, I wanted to do something along those lines by becoming involved in Wildlife Biology. Plans change, but my passion for the natural world will always be a part of me, just like my love for reading and writing.

To find someone who is passionate, whether it's about the ocean or cars or even something as simple as football, is an important quality. A guy that can show me what he's passionate about and teach me why it's so important is very attractive. If you can't be passionate about things, how can you be passionate for a person?

Finding a guy who is exactly like Paul Walker in both looks and personality is probably next to impossible. I may find someone who has similar physical qualities, but the personality is one that repulses me. Ultimately, I know I'm picky, and I used to feel ashamed of this since I wasn't giving certain types of guys a chance. However, I've realized that it's OK to be picky. Why settle when I know that I deserve someone just as amazing as Paul Walker? I know my worth, and I know the right guy will come around. I hope that he shares in those qualities Paul possessed, like kindness, loyalty, humbleness, and love for everyone and everything.