10 Movie Sequels You Didn't Know Were Coming

66

You know the feeling you get when you see a movie you really love and wish there was another? Well as certain movies become more popular, sequels are bound to happen. Here is a list of 10 movie sequels you probably didn’t know about to look forward to in the upcoming future.

"Pitch Perfect 3"

Expected Release: July 21, 2017

The plot for "Pitch Perfect 3" has not been released, but we do know for sure that Hailee Steinfield is set to star in the movie. Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, and Brittany Snow are rumored to be in the third installment, but what could the plot be about? They conquered nationals and the worlds, so what’s next? Maybe they become famous, and the whole movie is focused on the Bella’s going on tour. I guess we will have to wait and find out.

"Project XX"

Expected Release: August 19, 2016

When I heard about this one, I was just in shock. The plot also hasn’t been released, but I’m sure more crazy parties are set in store for this movie.

"Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising"

Expected Release: May 20, 2016

Yes, another excuse to see a movie with Zac Efron in it. Except this time, a sorority moves in next to couple Mac (Seth Rogan) and Kelly Radner (Rose Byrne). Just like the Delta Psi Beta fraternity from the previous movie, Mac and Kelly want them gone so they rally their previous nemesis Teddy (Zac Efron) and Pete (Dave Franco) to take them out. We can only imagine this movie to have a lot of laughs.

"Captain America: Civil War"

Expected Release: May 6, 2016

The Avenger movies will forever be some of my favorite movies, so to see that there is another Captain America is amazing. The movie is supposed to be based around a huge fight that Captain America and Iron Man have. As Captain America (Chris Evans) and Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) are stars in the movie, characters like Ant-Man (Paul Rudd), the Black Widow (Scarlett Johanson), Spider-Man (Tom Holland), the Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan), and of course Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) make an appearance in the film as well.

Side Note: Did anyone else realize that the guy who played the Winter Soldier was in Gossip Girl?!

"23 Jump Street"

Expected Release: Unknown

Umm… What? I’m not complaining, though, this would be great. After seeing the ending credits to the second movie, you thought there was no possible way for a third, right? Well, you were wrong! Sequel "23 Jump Street" could be about anything, and our favorite team, Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill, will be starring. It is predicted that all of the credits at the end of the second movie will have been an experience that the duo has gone through, or will go through in their next movie. I’m sure there are a lot more details and ideas, but currently they are still in the process of hiring cast and crew. Although I can’t wait for this movie to come out, I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t come out until late 2017 or early 2018.

"Frozen 2"

Expected Release: Unknown

It's being made, people. I repeat, it's being made. The plot is still unknown, but I cannot wait to see what Frozen 2 has in store.

"Toy Story 4"

Expected Release: June 16, 2017

It's been over 20 years since the first "Toy Story" hit theaters, and it's still going strong to make a fourth movie. The plot is unknown at this time, but maybe it involves Andy coming to visit his Toys again. Who knows, I’m just excited to see it.

"Furious 8"

Expected Release: April 14, 2017

After Paul Walker passing away before the seventh movie was complete, it’s hard to imagine another "Furious" movie being made, but it’s happening and Cody Walker is rumored to be involved. Since the movie is still in pre-production, we’ll have to wait to see what it’s all about.

"Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales"

Expected Release: July 7, 2017

I don’t know about you, but watching Pirates of the Caribbean with my dad was one of my favorite memories. Although the plots are kind of silly, Johnny Depp makes every movie worth seeing. In this movie, Captain Jack Sparrow searches for the Trident of Poseidon.

"Jurassic World 2"

Expected Release: Sometime in 2018

This one is hard to wrap my head around. A "Jurassic World 2?" In an interview with Colin Trevorrow, director of "Jurassic World," he suggests that since people being chased by dinosaurs can get old, the writers want to explore the idea of dinosaurs (specifically raptors) being used as possible war weapons to fight against enemies and use in war. And maybe that’s what the next movie will about. Whatever the case, it is sure to be popular since "Jurassic World" is the third highest-grossing film of all time, behind "Avatar" and "Titanic."

"Bonus Movie: Beetlejuice 2"

Expected Release: Unknown

I’ve personally never seen the first movie, but if Beetlejuice is your thing, get ready for a second movie because it’s in the works!