An Open Letter To My Mom On Mother’s Day

“To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.” —Maya Angelou

14731
Unsplash

Mother's Day is near, and while gifts like cards and flowers are nice, I know they won't be enough to express how grateful I am to have such a great Mom. That's why I'm writing this open letter to you – to let the world know how proud I feel to be your daughter! So here it goes …

Dear Mom,

In these 17 years, you're the person who has made the biggest impact in my life. And I thank you for that. You're so full of love, faith, and inspiration. One of the things I admire most about you is the spirit of life you instilled in me. You pushed me to be the best version of myself. You taught me to be brave, to have the confidence to achieve my dreams, and to know how to get back up when I fall.

I'd like to thank you for your teachings. You taught me the art of living life to its fullest - to be strong and sweet, smart and kind, confident and respectful, dedicated and happy. I'm grateful for your honest advice. It stings at times, but you teach me the hard lessons in life – what's right, what's wrong. I'm glad of your guidance too. Sometimes, when life gets complicated, I became irrational. And you're there to stop me and put a reality check.

Next, thank you for being supportive. You've always been there at every stage of my life, high and low. When I accomplish something, you celebrate with me. When I feel down, you encourage and motivate me. So thank you Mom, for every little thing you do.

I know, being a mom is never easy. It can be tough to raise me, with all the sacrifices you've made. You've always put my happiness and well-being before your own. I really, really feel blessed to be your daughter. To receive your unconditional love, you're such a wonderful mom.

I'm sorry if I upset you sometimes. You know, the typical rebellious years of a teenager. At times, you come across as nosy and overprotective, while I strive for freedom and independence. We may not always agree, but I understand that actually, you've always had my best interests at heart. And for that, I'd like to thank you for caring.

Last but not least, thank you so much for being my Mom. Without you, I wouldn't be where I am today. I'll be always growing as a person, and I really look forward to making even more amazing memories with you in the future. I love you, Mom. I mean it. Happy Mother's Day!