An Open Thank You Letter To My Stepmom
Family Friends

An Open Thank You Letter To My Stepmom

Related not by blood, but by soul.

60213
An Open Thank You Letter To My Stepmom

Dear stepmom,

You don't get enough credit. After all, mixed family environments can be really tricky. There are a lot of components, emotions, and confusion at play, especially when there is divorce involved. So, although you are not my mother by birth, you have grown to be a confidant, a friend, and someone who knocks some sense into me when I need it the most. I feel sort of bad for Cinderella, honestly, because a stepmom like you is one of the most wonderful blessings on Earth. So, to my "other mother," here are some thanks that are long overdue:

Thank you for loving me unconditionally.

We have had our fair share of ups and downs, and of course, it took some adjusting when you entered my life. However, you have never failed to make me feel welcomed and loved, just as a mother should. You've been here for some of my most sensitive moments, especially the bratty teenage years. You honestly deserve a medal for that one.

Thank you for supporting me in all that I do.

Whenever I have a school event or special occasion, I know that I'll always find you in the front row, clapping, laughing, and probably crying. If I get good news, I know that you're just a phone call away to congratulate me and ask about all the little details. You're one of my number-one fans, and it definitely doesn't go unnoticed.

Thank you for making me a part of your family.

Well, let's state the obvious: I didn't come out of your womb. Sometimes, though, it's easy to forget that that's the case. From day one, you have always thought of me as one of your own, and often, people are surprised to find out that I'm actually not. Maybe our little quirks and mannerisms have rubbed off on each other.

Thank you for listening.

In our crazy world and our crazy lives, it's easy to get swept away in the stressful current. But at the end of the day, even if times get tough, I know that you will always listen, give advice, and talk to me about anything without any sort of judgment. Whether it's big or small, you're there. And you're not afraid to call me out on my bullsh*t either, which is a blessing in disguise.

Thank you for loving my dad.

Maybe I should say "putting up with" rather than "loving" (just kidding, Dad). Although we all have our moments, my dad included, you know just how to handle him, support him, and give him a little kick in the pants. You have given him unconditional love that he needs and deserves, just as you've done with me and with the rest of our family. You've served as a "middle man," not only to settle anything at hand, but to unite us and teach us all about the important things in life.

Stepmom, I am so grateful that you stumbled into my life. I never would've imagined that we would be as close as we are today, but I am so thankful that things worked out the way they did. We always say that everything happens for a reason, and in this case, that couldn't be more true: although we may not be related by blood, we are related by soul. I truly feel as though you were meant to be in my life, and I'm very glad that you are.

I love you, "other mother," through thick and thin. Thank you for all that you do.

From Your Site Articles