An Open Letter To My Best Friend's Mom
popular

An Open Letter To My Best Friend's Mom

I'm so thankful to have you as an amazing second mom.

21025
An Open Letter To My Best Friend's Mom
Kayla Master

To My Best Friend's Mom,

First off, I'd like to thank you for creating the human being that I proudly get to call my best friend. She brings so much joy and happiness into my life, and I know that she wouldn't be able to do that without having an amazing mom like you as a such a positive influence in her life. She's kind, smart, funny, and I owe almost all of that to you for being such a great mom and person. She's as lucky to have you as a mom as I am to have her as my best friend, and I wouldn't trade either of you for the world.

Besides being her mom, I'd like to thank you for being a second mom to me. Getting texts from you whenever something exciting happens or with well wishes for a birthday or special event make me smile and remind me that there's people beyond my own family that care enough to be apart of my life. I'm so lucky to have a "second family" with you guys that lets me be as silly and involved as I am in my own family. Whether it's just hanging out, going out to eat, or whatever other adventures may be in store, I know you guys will always make sure I'm just as happy as your own daughter. I know that I will always have a "home away from home" whenever I'm with you guys.

I hope that when I have children, I can be as wonderful as a second mother to their friends as you have been to me. When kids and teens are growing up, it's important to have as many positive influences in their lives as possible, and luckily I had you as one of those important people in my life. I'm glad that during sporting events, competitions, and other moments of achievement, you were cheering just as loud for me as for her, and just as much as my own parents did. I also appreciated when you jokingly call me your favorite daughter or favorite child as a jab at your other children. I'll always cherish all the fun times that we've had, and all the amazing, hilarious memories that I have with your daughter are all thanks to you.

Without her (and therefore, without you), my life would've turned out very different. I'm sure I would've found another best friend, and her mother would've been an amazing woman (most likely) in her own right, but it would've been nothing compared to the life I've had thanks to you two. There's no better feeling than having a whole second family to lean on when the going gets tough, and even to share moments that would've been too embarrassing to share with my own family. I can't thank you enough for everything that you've done - and probably still will do - for me.

With Love,

Your Daughter's Best Friend

From Your Site Articles