Why October Is One Of The Best Months Ever

Need a favorite month? Make it October!

17

The Sweet Sight of October!

Behind December, October is the second beloved month of the yeah. Who could not love October? Even though fall officially starts in September, you get the best breezes and weather in October. Plus in October the leaves start to turn their earth brown and orange colors and start to fall. There’s just something about the October air that makes you feel good and relaxed. Let us not forget about that pumpkin spice latte that starts to appear. Personally I am not a fan, but Starbucks makes big bucks from it, so it must be liked by a lot of people. Even the candles sold at this time of the year, are better. There is just a warm, calm, happy feeling about October.

October also is national pink month, aka breast cancer awareness. This display of pink everywhere shows awareness and to support the patients of this awful sickness. October is dedicated to raising money to support these patients, and raising hope that one day we can soon find a cure for these patients. However, these patients should be supported year round, but October just symbolizes how important the cause is.

Personally October is one of my favorite months, because NHL season kicks off. You don’t have to be a hockey fan to enjoy having the game on your list of channel options. October is prime time for the hockey season and the spirit is full. Even if hockey is your cup of coffee, the other fall sports, such as football has kicked off. The best sports are on television during October!

Probably the BEST thing about October is Halloween. Halloween is a holiday that has had countless years of action and fans. Halloween is a time for people to express their creative side with their costumes or their decorations. Even if you are not a big fan of costumes or even celebrating the Halloween spirit, you still get free candy! Free Candy! There is also all the fun Halloween parties and activities. Bobbing for apples, cookie decorating, costume contest, the Halloween themed food that is at those parties. There are so many fun aspects of Halloween, even if you don’t like the scary stuff. And let us not forget about the movies. Putting aside the super scary horror flicks, Halloween is one of the best times for some of the best iconic movies. For example, the Addams Family. A classic icon of Halloween. The original television show and then the two movies. This weird yet peculiar family has captured the hearts of many fans who wait for it to air during the month of October. One of my favorites and one of the favorites of the 1990’s was Hocus Pocus! Everyone watched Hocus Pocus! The story line, the characters, the costumes, all of it is loved by many! Many people wait until October just to watch it 500 times before the month’s ends. Movies with the Halloween theme are some of the best!

October is such an awesome month! And October 2016 is now here! Embrace it all!