Just Because I'm Not In Love Doesn't Mean I Haven't Loved

I have given more love then you would know

65

I know in the world there are about 8 billion people on this Earth. I know I am not the one who is single, or single and virgin, and I am okay taking my time waiting for "The One." I am 22 and I have never really been in a relationship. I have given people chance after chance, but they all lose my trust. They are fine until they try to push you to do things I am not comfortable with. I know how I should be treated, and if you don't agree you are free to leave, because in the end I know what is right and I don't need you in my life.

I have learned to not openly trust the people who come into your life. In my life, I have noticed the more you trust someone the more they are going to hurt you. You can tell them everything and the next thing you know they are either holding it over you for the rest of your life or walking out of your life.

Know your limits, don't let people push you to do something you will regret later down the road. I'll be one to say I regret my first kiss, it just felt rushed even though I knew the person, it just didn't feel right. I shouldn't have done it, but I can't change the past.

I have also learned to love yourself first, before love another. For the longest time, I hated my body from my look to my weight. It takes time to regain that confidence, it has taken me years, but it's completely fine to take some time and focus on yourself. Do the things that you love and take care of things you need to take care of before having to take care of a relationship.

What I can say is I love my family, every phone call ends with "I Love You." We embarrass each other and can laugh it off later. We stick by each other when things go wrong. I love my friends, the ones who have stuck by my side for years and not running out when things got bad or when we went our separate ways. I have love for the pets that come into my life and when they leave it crushes me. I have given so much, and you cannot look me in the eye and tell me differently.

I am going to continue to love with all I have.