It's Okay To Fall Out Of Love, Even Though It May Hurt

It's hard to decide whether to keep going or end things.

208

When you've been dating someone for a while, things can start to get boring and stale. When this happens, you need to ask yourself if it's just a bump in your relationship or if it's because you've actually fallen out of love.

It's normal for relationships to get stale and boring after a while. Every relationship has its ups and downs. Many people get to the downs of a relationship and decide to call quits to it. I've definitely been one of those people. I have gotten bored of a guy and decided to dump him, but they weren't long relationships. They were only a couple months.

When you get to the one-year mark in a relationship, things will most likely get boring. You've been with the same person, there's not really anything new to learn about the person, and you may fight more than you did at the beginning. All those things are normal for a relationship, but sometimes you may wonder if it's just a bump in the road or if you're actually falling out of love with them.

My one friend has been with this guy for a year. She spent so much time fighting for him and eventually got him. Recently, they've had some troubles and he's been distant. She caught him cheating and things don't feel the same. She doesn't know if they're just going through the motions or if she's falling out of love with him. He's been in her life for a long time, so she doesn't know if she doesn't want to lose him because she's used to him being around or if she still wants to be with him.

I mean, I get that.

If you've had someone in your life for a long time, you're scared to lose them and the memories. The truth is, if you lost them, the memories would stay with you, just like if you kept them in your life. Losing someone you're so close to and has been in your life for so long will change a lot and you'll hurt for a while, but you can't keep someone in your life just because of the memories you share, especially if they're hurting you by being in your life.

Letting them go will give you so much clarity. If someone is continuously hurting you by being in your life, they're toxic to you, and it can be just as toxic for them to stay in your life if you're sitting here, wondering if you can find better.

The truth of the matter is, you can definitely find someone better, someone that won't hurt you time after time. It's okay to fall out of love with someone you've had in your life for years. It's okay to cut someone toxic out of your life because, in the end, you'll be doing both of yourselves a favor.