To My Mom, My Forever Best Friend

To My Mom, My Forever Best Friend

Momma, you were my first best friend and you always will be.

13
To My Mom, My Forever Best Friend
Skyler Anderson

Dear Mom,

Let me tell you, I haven't written this article for one main reason, it is the hardest to put into words. I am so grateful and thankful for everything you do for me. I wouldn't be who I am if it weren't for you. To start, I look just like you, so thanks for that, because I think it's pretty freaking cool and you are pretty freaking beautiful.

Thank you for caring for me. I have been a mess for a long time, so thanks for cleaning me up when I am broken, which is a lot of time. Oh, and thanks for paying the bills that come with that. Thanks for being one of my biggest supporters. You were at all of the competitions and meets, you paid all those bills too. Thanks for being the house that my friends came to for sleepovers.

Thank you for listening to me rant on the phone. Thanks for giggling for hours on end. Thanks for buying me lots of clothes. Thanks for showing me the life of a teacher, because it will be my life soon enough. Thanks for pushing me, even when I don't want it.

I think my biggest thank you is for showing me a love for travel and cruises, this one is a big one. I know as I grow older and form my own opinions, we don't always see eye to eye, or when life gets busy, we don't get to see each other as much as we would like. However, don't think for one second that this means that you are forgotten or that I don't love you as much as when I was younger because that couldn't be further from the truth. I love you more than you know Mom and everyday I hope to make you proud. So thank you Mom, I know there is no way to say it enough, but I hope this shows it a little bit better.