A Letter to My Mom

A Letter For My Mom

My first best friend, my biggest supporter, and my mom all in one.

871
A Letter For My Mom
Savanna Stevie

Mom,

With being the oldest, I was the first to try and do most things before my sisters. It also was the first of many moments for you being a new mom. I was there when you put a diaper on me for the first time, when you sang me my first lullaby, and when you had your first mental breakdown because I kept you up all night crying.

To say the least, you had it easy back then because neither of us knew what my teenage years would bring. Oh, were we in for a treat.

I should have begun this entire thing by saying sorry. During high school, I know I was not the sweetest person to be around and I put a lot of stress on you and dad more often than I should have, but those wild days taught me valuable lessons and most of them came from you two.

I know that it was always a struggle for us to get along, and dad would compare us to oil and water, but that did not stop you from always being my biggest supporter.

I could always count on you to be at every single one of my basketball or volleyball games. You would even stay during some practices of mine if I ever got too nervous.

I took you for granted a lot of the times and did not realize how much you do for me as my mom. Ever since you first laid eyes on me, you wanted what was best for me and would stop at no cost to give me just that. I remember you always told me, "You'll understand when you're a mom one day and how much we do for our kids."

Even though I am far, far away from being a mother, I now have a better understanding of how much work and time you put into every day with just being our mom. At times, you would lose your patience with us, but looking back I honestly do not know how you did not lose it more often.

When I first got to college, it hit me how much I missed and needed you. This was when I first realized how much you do for the family and that you will not be around all the time telling me what to do. Even though I hated how much you nagged me, I felt off with no one telling me what to do but myself.

You are my rock, mom. I would not be the young woman I am today without you being there every step of the way. The big and little fights we have make us closer together. I am so happy I can say that I am best friends with my mom.

Happy Mother's Day, I love you to the moon and back.