First My Mother Forever My Friend

First My Mother Forever My Friend

'How much do I love you? I'll tell you no lie. How deep is the ocean? How high is the sky?'

1670
First My Mother Forever My Friend

My whole life I have been blessed with great friends: from preschool, through my awkward middle school years, and now in college. They have all loved me and helped me through the hardest of times, even when I was undeserving. I will be forever grateful to them for all they have done for me and for the priceless memories they have given to me. My mother, however, is not among these great friends, she is much, much more. Here are 25 reasons why my mom is, has always been, and will always be my best friend

1. She sacrifices everything to give me the incredible life I have. She would do anything for me.

2. She doesn't judge me when I just need a junkfood-filled, unproductive night.

3. She believes in me, even when I don't believe in myself.

4. She forgives and forgets effortlessly when I'm less than a stellar daughter and friend to her.

5. She prays for me.

6. She freezes and ships homemade meals to me while I'm away at school.

7. She spoils me and treats me like a princess at every birthday, holiday and celebration.

8. She gives me the most wise advice, without seeming patronizing or judgmental.

9. I trust her more than anyone else on this planet.

10. She does little things for me every day that may not seem like much from the outside looking in, but from the inside looking out, those little things mean the world to me.

11. She is patient with me and my (many) short-comings.

12. She is an incredible role model. Every single day I see her do selfless, generous things and think to myself, 'I want to be that kind of woman someday.'

13. She goes above and beyond to make me feel loved when I am not at my best.

14. She cares about me and what's going on in my life every day.

15. She sends me care packages and little presents from home all year long, to help the homesickness sting a little less.

16. She always stays true to her word, and that's pretty tough to find these days.

17. She tells me I am beautiful and bangin' when I am mid-breakdown and I think none of my clothes look good on me.

18. She isn't afraid to be honest with me, and to whip me into shape whenever I need it.

19. She stops the world around her when I am sick so that she can stay home to take care of me, make me yummy food, and stay in bed with me to binge watch Netflix. She takes better care of me than anyone else I know.

20. She understands me and I know I can always talk to her about anything and everything.

21. I laugh the hardest when I am with her.

22. She does everything she can to keep me safe and to keep me from getting hurt.

23. She always knows when something is going on with me, without any indication or hints.

24. She is the only person who can actually make me smile and laugh when I am crying.

25. She loves and supports me unconditionally.

Thank you for being and angel straight from heaven, mama. I don't know where I would be without the amazing woman you are. I hope someday I can be just like you.