My Mom Is My Best Friend

I'm 23, My Mom Is My Best Friend, And I Wouldn't Have It Any Other Way

I know that my mom will always have my back, just like I'll always have my daughters.

183
Personal Photo

As a 23-year-old mom to a 2-year-old, one thing that has been apparent is how strong my friendship with my own mom is. Throughout the years, we've had our fuss and fights, but now I don't know what I would do without her.

Anytime I need any advice, she is a phone call away, and her calls can always make me feel better no matter what. She answers no matter what, even if it's just to hear about some silly thing I just did that I thought was funny.

The reason she's one of my best friends is that she is always there for me, no matter what. She never judges me, no matter what I do or what I say. She holds all my secrets, good or bad, and I know that she will keep whatever I tell her to herself. She's taught me so many lessons, whether it be how to not let others opinions of me get to me or that everything will work out, in the end, no matter what. And she's there to dry my tears and pick me up whenever I fall.

When my phone rings, I know it's probably her. We FaceTime almost daily, and it's weird when I go for a day and don't talk to her. We joke constantly with each other and are always laughing. Our weird relationship is so unique compared to others, and I would never want to change a thing about it.

Friendships don't always work out with other people, but the one I have with my mom is forever. And I know that she will always have my back, just like I'll always have my daughter's.