Dear Mom, You Are My Everything

Dear Mom, You Are My Everything

They say, “Life doesn’t come with a book of directions, it comes with a mother,” and I think I got the Pulitzer Prize winner.

6070
Dear Mom, You Are My Everything
Bridget Howard

Dear Mom,

You've been there for me through it all. You were my first best friend and have been ever since. Thank you for being my shoulder to cry on and biggest cheerleader in life.

You are my go-to gal, personal stylist, best friend, mentor, incredible role model, but most importantly, my mom. Whatever it is that I need, you are that person for me.

You are my everything.

You are the most caring, genuine and selfless person I know. You put others before yourself and have the biggest heart. You never fail to have the best advice and know exactly what to say in any situation, even on the worst of days. You always find the bright side. You are not afraid to speak your mind and have your own opinions. You have taught me so much throughout my life, but most importantly, you taught me how to stay true to myself--and that is something I will be forever grateful for.

Thank you’s do not come close to describing the love and appreciation I have for you, but I’m going to try anyway. Thank you, for our much-needed venting sessions and spontaneous shopping trips to Nordstrom. Thank you, for the inspirational Despicable Me Minion quotes when I'm having a bad day. Thank you, for always being down to get takeout instead of cooking.

Thank you, for teaching me the most random things. (Like how to fold the corners of sheets on a bed and making sure I knew in first grade, that I couldn't wear white after labor day.) Thank you, for sitting with me in my closet, for what seems like hours, while I search over and over for the perfect outfit for whatever it is I'm doing.

You are truly one-of-a-kind and the best mom a girl could ever ask for.

Your desire and passion to be the best mom, wife, friend, daughter and everything in between deserves praise each and every day. I hope to be half the incredible mom you are someday.

Having my mom as my best friend is truly a blessing and I could not be more thankful I get to go through life with you by my side.

So thank you for everything Mom.

I love you to the moon and back!