To The Girl Who Is Showing Up For Herself

"Happiness is an inside job. Don't assign anyone else that much power over your life." - Mandy Hale

1081

I know you're broken down and tired, it feels as if you live life on a merry-go-round.

You've spent the majority of your life searching, when all you've ever wanted is to be found.

You've given your heart away as if it's not a prize to be won,

Hoping and praying that a love would come along and have the pain be undone.

You've had your trust broken and soul shattered more times than you're happy to admit,

And after the previous attempt, all you want to do now is give up and quit.

I understand that after all you've been through, you might want to just keep to yourself.

The result of that? You'd be putting your life up high on top of a very tall shelf.

Unreachable, untouchable by anyone who comes near, all because of everything you've grown to fear.

Why?

Because some lost soul manipulated you and told you lies?

Because someone projected their insecurities on to you, that were never yours to own?

Well, I'm here to tell you what's true and help you get back on to your thrown:

Your time is coming, and all your puzzle pieces are about to fit.

You've got courage, tenacity and a hell of a lot of grit.

While the world made it's efforts to bring your to your knees and tear you down once again,

You now stand up and look them in the eyes and say, "No, this is where my life truly begins."

Your dreams and goals have been placed in your life for a reason,

Never give those up just because it's been a tough season.

Grandma said it best, "I'm so proud of you - you're going to do great things in life."

You have your days where you wake up and don't have it in you, but this is the time where you push through and fight.

Some are expecting you to crumble and fall,

So get up, brush it off and make them regret ever doubting you at all.

Where rejection and failure were your biggest fret, now the only thing you fear is not taking the risk and having regret.

You deserve all the beautiful things that life has to offer, I know you used to think differently --- that you were just a bother.

But let me continue to tell you more:

You, my girl, are something so special to adore.

You are not emotionally weak.

You have a pure heart that someone, someday, will be so lucky to keep.

But for now, stay true to who you are and remain strong, because the right person will come along.

You realized, though, that isn't the goal of your life anymore.

No more trying to be the "perfect person," just to then be washed up on to the shore.

Your goal now is to love yourself and fill your own cup, and surround yourself with people who only lift you up.

Fall in love with yourself and the way that your thighs touch.

Count to three, kiss the guy and don't be afraid to open up.

Take your solo trip, buy the puppy and move into your own space.

Be everything you are and give extra love the broken pieces that other's would refuse to embrace.

Where you used to hide behind a pain filled mask for protection and disguise,

Now, my girl, it's time for you to rise.