To The Man I'm Falling In Love With

To The Man I'm Falling In Love With

Love has never felt this good.

7906
To The Man I'm Falling In Love With
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/09/12/636408012783044490594640038_IMG_2432.JPG

You found it.

After my heart had been battered, broken, and stretched to its limit, you found it. You picked it up and dusted it off and even though I warned you of its condition, you placed it next to yours and told me we should take it slow. You've never pried.

Accepting what my heart can allow for the time given has been a blessing that you have given to me. But I soon learned that the status of my heart didn't matter because the simple act of you picking it up and helping it rise from the ashes like a phoenix said enough.

In the past, I've needed reassurance. I needed to be constantly told that I'm loved and appreciated and wanted. Its not that you don't tell me because you do... A lot. Its the fact that you never make me question how you feel. You are authentic in every sense of the word and you're as transparent as they come. I've never had that.

Sometimes I wish I was perfect. You make me want to be. I know you aren't. I'm aware of your shortcomings, your flaws, and your downfalls.

Even after all of that, I still would not change a thing about you. Your kindness is something I have never encountered. It's so genuine. You don't have to try to be considerate or thoughtful of me; you just are. The drive you embody constantly amazes me.

No matter how difficult something is to achieve, you have it. You are not discouraged easily, and tell me not to be. I know that with you by my side, we can empower each other. We can conquer this world as long as your hand is in mine and I have never felt this confident just standing next to someone. Because of all of your wonderful traits, I strive to be a better person.

Sometimes I'm stubborn, and I know you are patient so thank you. Sometimes I can be mean. I know you haven't seen that side of me yet, but I can be. I know you'll call me on it. You're always honest with me. There are times where I am not going to open up because I've been shown that opening up gets you hurt. But so far, you've given me the power to give you all of myself. I hope that I'm half as good to you as you are to me.

And oh my, God. You have this smile. A smile that can literally take my breath away. That's why you always catch me staring at you. I don't want to miss a single second of it. I never believed that a man could be beautiful, but you are gorgeous. The simple essence of you astonishes me. How can one human being be this stunning? Even as we lay in the dark, close to sleep, I can feel you just glowing. You have no idea what you give off.

So, here I am. Standing before you. The scars of my past are fading but still visible. But you kiss them, and show me that you're willing to help me heal them. You are everything I've ever needed, and the best person I can imagine. I can only promise that each and every day I will strive to be the best friend, partner, and lover that I can be. I can only promise to try with all that I am to be the person you need in life.

My love for you is real and unwavering. Each day I can feel myself falling deeper in love with you than the last. Thank you for showing me that I deserve to be loved. Thank you for taking the chance to fall for me. I am forever grateful.