Let It Hurt, Let It Heal, Then Let It Go

If they always hurt you, they don't deserve you.

5790
pinimg

Recently, I was scrolling through Pinterest and had an epiphany. I saw an image that read, "Let it hurt, let it heal, then let it go." It was amazing how powerful those 10 short words could be, and how they came across the screen of my iPhone just at the time that I needed them.

It's too often that I bottle my feelings up inside myself and refuse to share how I'm feeling with anyone. I put on a smile, and go day to day knowing that I need to get something off of my chest. When I keep those feelings inside so long, I'm not giving myself the chance to heal from what's bothering me. A couple weeks later and the same thing is still bothering me.

Seeing the image made me change my entire perspective. Instead of being upset with something and ignoring it, I should acknowledge what it is that has hurt me and heal from it. Once I've healed from it, I can let it go and leave it in the past. Most of the things that upset me aren't going to matter in 10 years from now, let alone 10 days.

For a lot people, they have a hard time letting go in relationships. They become engulfed by what they think is "love," but is really just the toxicity of their significant other. Someone can give you a million reasons to walk away, and you'll find the one reason why you should stay.

One thing to remember is that you cannot change everyone you meet. People only change when they want to change themselves. If you have told them time and time again that how they treat you is hurting you, and they do nothing to change their actions then it is time to let go of them. You do not need toxic people in your life. No matter how much love you give to a person, that does not mean that they will reciprocate the same love back to you.

When someone is causing you more hurt with each passing day, you will eventually have to gather up enough courage to walk away. While walking away may not make you feel superb in the moment, staying comfortable in a toxic relationship will keep hurting until you cut ties with it.

Be the best version of yourself, and don't let anyone hold you back from that. Your happiness lies within yourself, not the heart of another person.

Don't apologize for wanting what is best for yourself, because you are beautiful, strong, and deserve nothing short of wonderful.

Don't settle for someone because they have led you to believe that you don't deserve anything more. Only you can determine how special you are, and the person you're with shouldn't make you feel like you're unimportant.

When you walk away from the cause of your pain, it's going to hurt and you're going to have to heal. Then, you're going to let it go, because there are far greater people out there for you than those who make you question your worth.

From Your Site Articles