Loving Disney In Your Twenties Is Ok

I'm A 20-Something Disney Fangirl And No, I Won't Stop Wearing My Minnie Ears

Even if it makes you uncomfortable.

70
Personal Photo

To myself, who is working on trying to embrace who she is every day, you are who you are and that is totally OK. You're living your life how you want to live it and honestly, that's all that matters. There will never be anything wrong with standing out from others or being different from the people around you. In fact, why should you want to be like anyone else when you can just be you?

Embrace the little things that make you the person you are every day. Embrace the backpack that you wear every day, the one that has Minnie Mouse and Daisy Duck all over it, with the handful of Disney keychains hanging off of it and the plethora of Disney buttons all over it. Embrace the little bows or one of the many scrunchies you wear in your hair every day and the way you wear your hair with mini pigtails or space buns. Embrace your wardrobe that's filled with a mix of different Disney, Star Wars, Stranger Things, and other random T-shirts with characters on them. Embrace the silly sock you wear, from your Disney ones to your bee socks or your pig socks, to your fuzzy fox or kitten socks. Embrace the way you look every day because that's what makes you beautiful.

Take some time to reflect on the things you do and how awesome they are. Look at all of the drawings that you do and remind yourself how good you are at art. Go back and read all of your writings you have done and take a moment to embrace that you have a creative mind. Think back on all of the times you have walked around campus to go feed the squirrels, and how much those squirrels appreciate the little snacks you give them. Look back on all of the photos you have taken on your camera, and realize how much of a photographer's eye you have. Remember how you're doing in school just to remind yourself how smart you truly are. Just remember that you bring so much creativity into your life that no one else could bring.

Think about the fun ways your room expresses YOU. Think about all of the Disney decorations, from the posters, wall art, and all of your Minnie ears. Think about the fun comforter on your bed with you Disney blankets and the few fun stuffed animals on it too. Think about the little decorations on your desk that make your workspace more fun. Think about the assortment of pictures of you with your friends and family that are around your room. Think about the fun lights that hang in your room and the mini lamp that projects stars on your ceiling. Think about how all of these little things express you in the comfort of your own room.

Also, do not ever forget about the way you interact with others, and your personality too. Don't forget about how you do your best to put a smile on someone's face every day. Don't forget how funny you are and how you always try to make others laugh. Don't forget that you do your best to see the good in everyone, even if they initially don't seem like a good person. Don't forget about the way you smile and the way you laugh. Don't forget about your kind nature with every living thing, not just humans but animals too. Don't forget about the good things you have done for your family, friends, co-workers, and others. Don't ever forget that you have people in your life that love you and appreciate you every day, even if you aren't perfect and have a few flaws.

I know that sometimes you wish that you were different, you wish that maybe you had different interests or looked different or fit in with others differently. I know that sometimes you see your little quirks as something bad instead of something good. But trust me, darling, this is the image that God painted for you and he made you as amazing as you can be in his eyes. You will always be smart, caring, beautiful, quirky, funny, creative, and a huge child at heart. You will continue to find ways to make this world a beautiful place just by being who you are. You will make a difference in this world baby girl, and you will always be loved by others for being who you are.