Love Yourself Before You Try To Love Someone Else

You can't fall in love or be in love with someone if you don't love yourself first.

12
Sydney Mergler

I can finally genuinely say I love myself. I've gotten to a point of my life where I can look in the mirror and not want to pin point every little flaw. I love those flaws now and the flaws I don't like, I'm working on changing.

Sure, there are days that I'm not 100 percent confident in myself but that's okay. You're going to have days like that no matter what your body weight is or how content you are with it. The important thing is that you continue to learn to love and take care of yourself everyday.

A lot of people will try and find someone to love before they fully learn to love themselves. That's just wrong. I'm telling you right now there is no way you can fully love someone without loving yourself first. You can not rely on the love of someone else to fulfill you. You have to fall in love with yourself first.

Relationships and dating has never really worked for me in the past and here is why.

I didn't like the person I saw in the mirror. I didn't like that person a whole lot and because of that I relied on other people's love to feel validated. That is not a way to live.

I have had to learn to love and respect myself so that other people can love and respect me too. It's been a hard journey and continues to be that way sometimes but I am so much happier now.

I can look in mirrors without any makeup and know that I am beautiful with or without it. I don't need to be constantly dressed up to feel beautiful anymore. Even with a big t-shirt, running shorts and baseball cap on I still feel beautiful.

Love yourself and the rest will come. Your person will come when time but you got to make sure you love yourself first.