It's OK To Prioritize Yourself Every Once In A While

Focus on you, your emotional health, your mental health, and your physical well-being.

42

Have you ever felt like all you do is put other people before yourself? Are you constantly trying to please others without taking into consideration your own feelings? Are you feeling run down and unhappy because you haven’t been taking care of yourself?

You know, it is okay to prioritize your happiness above someone else’s once in a while. As someone who was always putting others first, this was a hard realization to accept. For so long, I was always trying to please others, making sure I did everything right so that they didn’t have to worry about it. But at some point, I was the one who became worried about everything. I was stressed about anything and everything that would come my way.

At some point, you hit a breaking point. You hit a wall. You decide you are done. Done putting up with the bullshit. Done taking orders from everyone else. Done trying to please everyone because let’s be real, not everyone is going to be happy with the things you do. You have your breakdown and that is perfectly fine.

It is OK to put yourself first. I mean not all the time because then someone might see you as selfish, but sometimes it is necessary to take that time for yourself. Think about it, you can’t fully love someone else until you love yourself. You can’t conquer the world, but you can do your best to handle one challenge at a time. It is okay to put your mental and emotional health first. If you are stressed about enough already, don’t pile on more to be stressed about. Focus on finishing what you wanted to before you add anything more to your plate.

If you had a bad day and don’t want to see people, then don’t. Put your emotional health first and enjoy a night to yourself. If you want to cry, then do it. Because I can tell you this, at some point, you will have a breakdown over something little if you are so close to the edge.

Take the time to love yourself. Focus on you, your emotional health, your mental health, and your physical well being. Get a workout in, take a bath, read a book, or catch up on sleep.

Focus on yourself before you try to please the world.

It’s OK to put yourself first sometimes. Trust me.