Introducing Our Alphas

Introducing Our Alphas

Welcome to our team of writers, creators and artists! Care to join?

42
Introducing Our Alphas
Wikimedia

To be a member of an Odyssey community is an incredible experience. These fellow writers, artists and creators have changed the game for me personally through undying support and constructive feedback on my weekly published content. Though I haven’t been in this Alpharetta Odyssey community for long, I am grateful every single day for the opportunity to work alongside these incredible creators.

Looking from the outside in, it is easy to view Odyssey articles and writers as individuals. Beyond the individuality of our content is the blessing of having a team of incredible writers, editors and now, friends. It’s time that the entire team is recognized, rather than just the individual creator.

Who knows? Maybe want to be part of it, too!

So without further ado, I'd like to introduce to you our Alpharetta Squadyssey.

1. Chelsea Cagle

"Why don't you tell me that 'if the girl had been worth having she'd have waited for you?' No, sir, the girl really worth having won't wait for anybody."F. Scott Fitzgerald

This girl right here has been crushing it with personal, beautifully written articles lately. Her peak article, "Why Nursing School Friends are So Vital", was published only a week ago and has over 17,000 shares! For emotionally intriguing and beautifully written content, I strongly suggest giving this talented girl a follow.

2. Cindy Centofanti

“She has been feeling it for awhile now-that sense of awakening. There is a gentle rage simmering inside her, and it is getting stronger by the day. She will hold it close to her-she will nurture it and let it grow. She won’t let anyone take it away from her. It is her rocket fuel and finally, she is going places. She can feel it down to her very core-this is her time. She will not only climb mountains-she will move them too." Lang Leav

Cindy is one of the newer members of our Alpharetta Odyssey community, and though she has only one article published thus far, it speaks volumes about her creative capacity. Her article, "Rediscovering Your Self Worth", opens a discussion about the constant criticism we impose upon ourselves daily. We are all excited to see what she has to say next, so go ahead and check out her page!

3. Jessica Davis

From Pokémon Go and virtual reality to social justice and the GOP platform, Jessica keeps us all up-to-date on current news events and tech trends using a strong blend of factual introspection. To follow Jessica's Odyssey page is to stay "in the know" week to week.

4. Danielle Davis

"Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid." Albert Einstein

Through her articles, Danielle rejects societal norms and shines a bright light on mental illnesses. This consistent social commentary can keep you intrigued for hours, and her articles are rather easily relatable. Over the past five months, Danielle has published a steady stream of interesting and eloquently written pieces. I'm always excited to see what's next, and you should be too!

5. Caela Gray

"Life is like music for its own sake. We are living in an eternal now, and when we listen to music we are not listening to the past, we are not listening to the future, we are listening to an extended present."Allan Watts

Not only does Caela publish artfully executed personal pieces, she has also written powerful articles on social issues surrounding our society, including her article, "Hope For The End Of The Tampon Tax", which was published in the Odyssey's official newsletter. Caela is so spirited and full of light that it shines through in every piece she creates. For variety with some incredible style, keep up with Caela, you won't regret it!

6. Kelsey Hall

"I began to realize how important it was to be an enthusiast in life. If you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it at full speed. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it, and above all become passionate about it. Lukewarm is no good." Roald Dahl

With 19 (and counting) articles published through the Odyssey, Kelsey is definitely one of our more seasoned content creators. The pieces Kelsey writes are environmentally charged, intellectually stimulating and full of adventure. If you want to see the world through a different lens, Kelsey is absolutely your girl.

7. Carly Malkiewicz

"There is a joy available that the deepest grief cannot put out. No circumstance or person can take away the joy God gives."Tim Keller

Constantly and thoroughly radiating positivity, Carly's articles are consistently incredible. When you're having a rough day, reading anything she has published will absolutely change your perspective. To keep up with all of this sunshine, follow her Odyssey page and get a glimpse of her blog!

8. Rachael Nintzel

“What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn't happen much, though.” J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in The Rye

Though I'm fairly new to the team, I am so thrilled about all of the opportunities the Odyssey and this team has given me thus far. Being able to put my opinions about society, thoughts of my past and musings about the arts out into the world via this platform has been an incomparable experience. Whether it's a personal piece or a humorous listicle, I always dive headfirst into the emotional experience of exploring the thoughts in my mind. I am excited for the future of our community.

9. Bhanodai Pippala

"Let a holy ambition enter into our souls; let us not be content with mediocrity, but rather strive after the highest and expend all our strength in achieving it."Pico Della Mirandola, Oration on the Dignity of Man

With Bhanodai's political knowledge, I guarantee you'll always stay informed reading his articles. His most recent article titled, "Religion And The State: The Establishment Clause", is a brilliant insight on the grey area between religious rights and state laws. If you want to stay up-to-date, knowledgeable and mastered in Supreme Court politics, Bhanodai is your man.

10. Emma Toor

"I wanted to explain that I am constantly overestimating and underestimating the human race-that rarely do I ever simply estimate it. I wanted to ask her how the same thing could be so ugly and so glorious, and its words and stories so damning and brilliant."Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

Although she's brand new to our team, Emma's first Odyssey article is set to release this week and is sure to be a big hit. This positive, supportive young woman has us all on the edge of our seats waiting to see what she's written! Keep an eye out for this up-and-coming content creator.

11. Angela Yang

“Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both influencing injury, and remedying it.”J.K. Rowling, The Deathly Hallows

Angela is not only an amazing writer for the Odyssey, but is also a Contributing Editor for our whole team. Her article topics vary from punk rock music suggestions to her personal experience in the STEM field, and without a doubt, they are incredible. Angela describes herself as an extroverted introvert, according to one of her more recent articles, and these incredible traits are truly evinced in all of her work.

12. Marium Zafar

"You are a smart cookie, a wise chocolate cake, and a brilliant pancake."Rey Woodman

In a sense, Marium is the glue that holds us all together. This amazing Editor-in-Chief and writer has put out dozens of pieces discussing the social stigma and stereotypes that some news media outlets often pair with Islamic religious practices, such as the face veil and burkinis. Besides writing for the Odyssey, Marium is also a journalist for the Georgia State newspaper, The Signal. Every piece she writes is eloquently written, and she corrects more grammatical errors in a week than she cares to admit. If you want to learn something new every day, Marium's page will be your go-to!

Here in our Alpharetta Odyssey community, we are always eager to add new members to our team. Our latest additions include Leila Moore, Sarah Scott and Caroline Henriksen, who will all soon be publishing content alongside the rest of us.

You could be the next member of our community!

This team of writers and editors is always looking to expand. So come join our little family if you'd like to broaden your horizons. Whether you're interested in blogging, videography, reporting news or writing fiction and poetry, the Odyssey is a wonderful platform to share your inspiring pieces on and continue to grow as a creator. After becoming a content creator, you'll get to voice your opinion in not only our Alpharetta community but with the entire nation.

Don't miss this world of opportunity at your fingertips! Click here to join now.