In Dark Times, Look At The Bright Side

In Dark Times, Look At The Bright Side

Staying indoors, healthy, and positive are the best things we can do right now- for ourselves and for others.

33
In Dark Times, Look At The Bright Side
https://www.doyou.com/the-10-most-important-yoga-poses-for-beginners-25270/

The pessimistic, negative side of me thinks that this might be the end of the world. Okay, maybe I'm being a tad bit dramatic, but the current situation we're dealing with as a nation has the potential of getting even worse. Unless we all take this seriously and self-quarantine like we should be, cases might continue to increase and that only means more time stuck at home. Here are some things we can appreciate while we feel like everything around us is falling apart.

Despite being cooped up in the house, I realized that this was the perfect opportunity to spend quality time with my family. I cannot remember the last time all of us were in the house together longer than a weekend. With my sister living in Michigan and me being in college, our family has hardly gotten to spend time together as a whole in a while. Times like these are easier to get through with the support of family by your side. Although the situation that brought us all together is unfortunate, the best thing we can do is appreciate and value these moments of unity and bonding.

When I am not playing board games or watching movies with my family, I am working on the tremendous amount of workload that online classes have provided us with already. The transition to move online was a kind of overwhelming one, but at least it keeps my brain from turning into mush after binge watching hours of All American, my current new Netflix obsession. I have now developed a routine schedule that keeps me organized and productive throughout the day. Deadlines for homework assignments or online quizzes have motivated me to spread out my curriculum and focus on certain subjects each day.

Another big part of my quarantine routine is yoga. I have always been telling myself I would start doing this at the start of each semester, but never got around to it because either I was too lazy or too busy to. Now that I have nowhere to be, I decided home workouts such as yoga or 10 minute ab videos is the perfect time to get in shape physically as well. Not only do I feel better internally, but this also gives me a more positive attitude to live by.

All over the world, we are all struggling to survive or be safe and healthy. Health comes first and the best way to do that is to stay inside and stay optimistic. Whether it is learning how to cook or reading a book you have always wanted to, this is the best time to give a go at something new and energizing.