Stay Positive During the Pandemic

Stay Positive During the Pandemic

Despite all of the chaos happening in the world right now, I'm trying to look at the bright side of things.

82
Stay Positive During the Pandemic

Unless you've chosen to ignore all breaking news, you're aware of what's happening in the world right now. We're faced with a national emergency due to the coronavirus, and for a while, we're advised to practice social distancing. As a result, colleges and schools across the world (mine included) have transitioned to online learning for the remainder of the school year. My heart is broken over that, but it's important to slow the spread of the virus. As of late, all I've been hearing are negative things regarding the situation at hand. While all of the information is necessary to keep everyone on the same page, things can get somewhat dreary when everything is all bad news. That being said, I'm trying to look on the bright side of things and make the most of what I'm going through. I've been keeping in mind the things I'm grateful for, as well as opportunities to try something new while staying home.

I can read more books. I love pleasure reading, and it was definitely hard to do while I was at college. I was always on the move, sometimes not even having time to read assigned readings for classes. Now that everything is online, I have a lot more time to read books I actually want to read!

I can watch more shows and movies. Netflix watch party, anyone? Due to how busy I was at college, I was only ever able to watch an episode here or there, or even start a movie but never finish it. It was hard to continue watching a series without forgetting important plot points. Maybe now I'll be able to binge multiple series, then rate them on the Bingeworthy app (available for iPhone and Android. It's seriously one of my new favorite apps, check it out)!

I can actively post on YouTube. I've always loved making singing videos and playing piano, but was unable to do it at college. Now, not only can I learn new songs all the time, but I can make videos and post them for others to view and enjoy right along with me! And who knows, maybe I'll go viral!

I can actually sleep in! While at college, I woke up early every single day and always had to rush to get to class. Now that classes are online, I can stay in bed longer and can even show up to Zoom lectures while still in bed!

I get to walk my dog. I missed my dog so much while away from home (I know pretty much everyone can relate to this), and now I get to see her every day! It's so nice to be able to take her for walks around the neighborhood, and I know she likes it too.

I get to spend time with my family. One of the hardest things about being away from home was how much I missed my family. Despite the horrible circumstance, my whole family is together again for the first time since Christmas break, and it's honestly comforting. I love hanging out with my sisters and watching shows and movies with my parents. I know they love me just as much while I'm away, but it's nice to experience the love in person.

Whether you relate to these or not, try to see some of the positives of the social distancing. Do your part and stay home, but be happy about it! This too shall pass, and the right mindset will make things a little easier.