100 Things To Live For

100 Little Things To Live For When You Feel Like Giving Up

I hope you can find inspiration to keep going, even when you feel hopeless, because there is always something to live for.

82452

I have to admit, sometimes life feels overrated. When my mental health issues are particularly bad, the stress and monotony of daily life are enough to fill me with utter despair. When combined with anxiety about the future and the chaos of the world around me, I can sometimes get stuck in a pit of hopelessness.

Sometimes it's the big things that keep me going, such as my family and my partner, but more often than not it is the little things that get me through. It's okay if sometimes the only thing that is keeping you alive is your favorite song or cuddling with your kitty at night. Mental health issues like anxiety and depression are complex and often need lifelong management, but if you can find some small things to hold on to on the hard days, it will be just a little bit easier to make it through.

I encourage you to make your own list of things you love to look at when you are struggling. Keep it in your notes app on your phone to look at whenever you are having a bad day. Below is my own personal list of "little joys," and I hope in it you can find inspiration to keep going, even when you feel hopeless, because there is always something to live for.

1. Puppy kisses.

2. Autumn. 

3. Falling leaves.

4. The changing of seasons.

5. Halloween.

6. Pumpkin patches.

7. Yellow roses.

8. Champagne with friends.

9. Coffee dates.

10. The smell of coffee.

11. Alone time.

12. Exploring bookstores.

13. Reading new books.

14. The smell of fresh paper.

15. The smell of old books.

16. Wildflowers.

17. Walking your dog.

18. Cuddles.

19. Quiet libraries.

20. Morning coffees.

21. Movie nights.

22. Rainy days.

23. Trying new foods.

24. Fuzzy socks.

25. Hot showers after long days.

26. Naps.

27. Thrift shops.

28. Antique stores.

29. Road trips.

30. New songs.

31. Old favorites.

32. First kisses.

33. Holding hands.

34. Spring flowers.

35. The smell of jasmine.

36. Bubblegum.

37. Pink houses.

38. Christmas/winter holidays.

39. Dressing up.

40. Staying in your pjs.

41. New shoes.

42. Making memories.

43. Beach days.

44. Finding seashells.

45. Pretty lingerie.

46. Fresh starts.

47. Notebooks.

48. Colorful pens.

49. Exploring museums.

50. Exploring new cities.

51. Flying over city lights.

52. Stargazing.

53. Feeling tipsy.

54. Fresh snow.

55. Red lipstick.

56. Cats purring.

57. Soft blankets.

58. Feeling better.

59. Making wishes.

60. Happy dreams.

61. Sleeping in.

62. Cozy sweaters.

63. Reaching your goals.

64. Learning a new language.

65. Singing in the car.

66. Letting go.

67. Shopping trips.

68. Sundays.

69. Fridays.

70. Breakfast in bed.

71. Clean sheets.

72. Baking.

73. The smell of cinnamon.

74. Cooking something new.

75. New hobbies.

76. Taking photos.

77. Finishing projects.

78. Life after college.

79. Finding inner peace.

80. "I love you"s.

81. Lazy mornings.

82. Cinnamon rolls.

83. Roller coasters.

84. Feeling free.

85. Laughing until you cry.

86. Early morning birdsong.

87. Going home.

88. Leaving home.

89. Nature walks.

90. Romantic dinners.

91. Candlelight .

92. Fairy lights.

93. Warm summer nights.

94. The sound of crickets on peaceful nights.

95. Warm homes.

96. Making your own home.

97. Stretching in the morning .

98. Back rubs.

99. Second chances.

100. Creating a beautiful life.