5 Simple Ways To Improve Your Mental Health

Never let your mental health take a backseat, no matter how busy you get.

113
http://krvn.com/abc_health/wine-down-in-this-yoga-class-that-combines-vino-and-vinyasa-abcid36202622/

Mental health is something that should be taken seriously and cared for by everyone. Being happy and healthy are all terms that ring true to being positive factors in everyday life but can sometimes be hard to achieve. Here are 5 ways to get started on the path to this happy and healthy lifestyle that many of us strive for every day.

Get Outside and Be Active

Fresh air and a little vitamin D never hurt anyone! These natural nutrients are key if ever in need for a quick pick me up or mood booster. Staying active can also have the same effect. Whether it is going for a brisk walk, taking a workout class, or spending time doing an activity or sport, naturally endorphins will increase by being active no matter what is being done, leading to a positive mood change.

Write it Down 

Journaling is something that can be mentally and emotionally relieving. Starting out your day by setting good intentions and writing them down will automatically allow the day to start off on the right foot. Write down 10 things that you are grateful for or 10 things that you find positive about yourself, and the situation you're in can slowly start to improve day by day.

Eat Healthy

Eating healthy can mean many different things to many different people. Healthy eating means eating a variety of foods that give you the nutrients you need to maintain your health, feel good, and have energy. These nutrients include protein, carbohydrates, fat, water, vitamins, and minerals (https://www.breastcancer.org/tips/nutrition/healthy_eat). This concept of maintaining your health, feeling good, and having energy, are three main key factors in promoting a happier and healthier you!

Finding Peace Within a Spiritual Power

No matter what spiritual power it is, confiding in the being that you believe in is important to improving mental health. There are many things that we all deal with during the day, and some are harder than others. Keeping this baggage to yourself is not healthy for positive growth and needs to be let out every once in a while. Finding something to talk through this baggage with is a surefire way to start improving mental health and how the negatives in life are handled.

Spend Time with People That Make You Happy

Spending time with the people that always know how to make you laugh and put a smile on your face is a great way to boost your mood. Toxic people are always going to exist, but there is a choice to make when it comes to how much time is spent around them, and how involved they are in your life. Surrounding yourself with people that don't have the toxicity attached are the people that are worth keeping around.

These are exercises that I make a point to do almost every day. Before I did any of these, or just a few, I definitely always felt under pressure, stressed, and like something was missing. Mental health is one of the many aspects in life that people struggle with, and I'm here to tell you that it's okay, and no one is ever alone. By using these 5 ways as coping mechanisms for a happy and healthier you, this will lead to finding inner peace and a calm mind, body, and soul.