10 Small Things To Improve Your Mental Health

Do these small things when you're feeling down or stressed!

57

Everyone can get overwhelmed at times. Being a college student, having an internship, looking for a job, Greek life, other involvements, and studying for the LSAT every day keep me pretty stressed. Recently, I have really tried to find simple things to do every day to improve my overall mental health and well-being.

Yeah, making lists and doing assignments ahead of time are all great. But sometimes you need to do something just for your own personal enjoyment. Here is a list of 10 simple things that you can do every day to improve your mental health.

1. Start your day off with a workout!

I know this sounds terrible and awful and the last thing you would expect to see on this list of things to make you happier. BUT, it seriously works. Just take 20 minutes every morning to do a little workout. You'll have more energy, be more motivated to eat healthily and be an overall happier person because, like we all know, exercising produces endorphins and endorphins make you happy!

2. Take a bubble bath.

There is something magical about a bubble bath people.

3. Pick up an old hobby, such as reading!

Find something that you used to do that you "just don't have time for" anymore and create time for that hobby. Even if it's just 10 minutes a day, it's 10 more minutes of doing something you love and something that makes you happy.

4. Keep some of your fav snacks on hand.

I'm telling you to eat a carton of ice cream every day, but try and find something that makes you happy! If it ice cream, eat a couple of bites every day for ENJOYMENT! A well-fed person is a happier person.

5. Make a list of things you're thankful for and look at it when you're sad.

You can make a list of things you love, things that make you happy, things that you're thankful for or similar. When you get upset or are having a bad day, read the list and remind yourself what you love about life!

6. JAM to your favorite song -- as many times as you want!

Who cares if no one else likes it? Or if it's in the U.S. top 50? Or if you've listened to it 50 times in a row? It's YOUR favorite song! It's seriously amazing the positive effects jamming out to your favorite song can have on your day!

7. Do a face mask!

There is no better physical feeling than right after you take off your face mask. They're 10 for $10 at Walmart -- stock up people! Better skin + happier you = SUCCESS!

8. Put some clean sheets on your bed and some clean PJs on you!

Sleeping on your soft, clean cloud with you clean pajamas is the MOST relaxing way to end an exhausting and stressful day!

9. Go to bed EARLY!

I know, I know. It's hard to get in the habit of doing but once you start I PROMISE you will start feeling better!

10. Get up earlier.

Okay, so this goes along with number nine, but getting starting your day earlier, having more hours in the will relieve your stress and make you so much happier. You will get more accomplish!