Lost Friends Along The Way, Thank You
relationships

To Those I Lost Along The Way, Thank You

Thank you for being a part of my life

83
https://unsplash.com/photos/hmn_4sUFyzY

As we go through childhood we believe that the friends we have when we are 7 are going to be the ones that stay with us through middle school and high school. We find girlfriends that we made wedding plans with and boys that come in AND out of our lives, sometimes multiples times.

To all of those that have been in my life, that I have lost along the way, I want to thank you.

Thank you for showing me the joy in life and sharing laughs with me. Laughing until we cry or laughing until the craps in our sides make us fall to the floor.

Thank you for making me a better person. For telling me what I needed to hear, even when I did not want to hear it. For giving me the tough love.

Thank you for showing me that heartbreak is okay. After the first break up, I felt like the world was going to end and I would never find love again. Without your help and guidance along the way, I never would have realized that "when one door closes another opens."

Thank you to the boys who made me feel like I was nothing. You showed me what love is supposed to be, but not from what you showed me, from the knowledge I gained along the way.

Thank you for leaving me and making me realize that without you I am and can be much stronger than what I first believed of myself.

Thank you for moving on so I could also move on. Moving on to bigger and better things. To friends that have turned into family and a boy that has made me the happiest person, I could ever be.

As I cherish all of the moments we have spent together, they are now distant memories that I will hold onto forever.

For one last time, thank you for being my friends.