8 New Year's Resolutions Every Couple Needs To Make For 2019

This year is ALL about growth.

128

Not all of your goals can be obtained by yourself if you want to grow together.

1. Be more emotionally honest 

Do you have something going on inside that brain of yours? Let them know. They can't be there for you emotionally if you don't tell them about it. And if they ask what's wrong, don't say everything is fine if it is NOT fine!!!

2. Stay away from your phone when you're with them. 

Spend time being in the present this year. Make conversation with each other, and not by sending memes to one another. At the dinner table, limit yourself to one picture once the food comes out, and then spend the rest of the time admiring you're significant other eat spaghetti sloppily.

3. Go out on FUN dates 

You don't always have to go out to a restaurant for a fancy meal. Instead, try packing a picnic and going to your local park to watch the sunset together. Take all of your dates and switch it up.

4. Go out of your way for your partner, not just on the holidays. 

Give your partner flowers on a Tuesday because your song came on in the grocery store and you thought of them. Not just on holidays like Valentines Day and their birthday.

5. Remember the little things 

It's not about the big things like their birthday, but it's the little things like their favorite song, why they named their pet what they did, and their favorite memory with a distant relative.

6. Leave the assumptions in 2018.

If they hang up the phone, don't assume they don't want to talk to you, maybe their phone died but you won't know if you don't ask.

7. Find a show to binge together 

There's nothing better than laying on the couch cuddled up next to your significant other clicking the "Play Next Episode" button repeatedly on a Sunday.

8. Say "I love you" more

Share how you feel more often. Don't let your love for each other build up until it overflows. Show affection to your partner every single day and never let them doubt your feelings towards them.