50 Common Pet Peeves

50 Common Pet Peeves

The things we love to hate.

395048

Pet peeves — those little annoyances that get under our skin and we just can't ignore, no matter how hard we try.

Although everyone has their own unique pet peeves, there are a number of things which most people can't stand. Not only do we hate these things, but we love to bond over how much we hate them. It is surprising how entertaining it is to think of all the habits and activities that drive us mad.

Take a second to think of your pet peeves. Now read on and see if any appear on this list of 50 common pet peeves (and be reminded of those pet peeves you forgot you have)! Share with friends and see how many people can't stand the same things as you!

1. Slow walkers.

2. The word "moist."

3. When a computer or phone won't load a page fast enough.

4. People who talk loudly on the phone.

5. Noisy eaters.

6. People who talk while their mouth is full.

7. Couples who sit next to each other (instead of across from each other) in a booth.

8. Having to repeat yourself multiple times.

9. When the toilet seat is left up.

10. When someone leaves the water running.

11. When a light is left on in a room that isn't being used.

12. When someone messes with the car radio or AC without asking the driver for permission.

13. Whiners.

14. Slow drivers.

15. Rude drivers.

16. Sunlight creeping in through the window in the morning.

17. When someone says "gross," "ew," "yuck," or something else along those lines in reaction to a food you like.

18. Tourists.

19. People who interrupt when you are speaking.

20. Being referred to as "boy" or "girl" when you are legally an adult.

21. Loud noises on planes – crying babies, angry passengers, videos played over speaker.

22. When people watch videos or listen to music on public transportation without using headphones.

23. Know-It-Alls and Attention-Hogs.

24. Getting gum on your shoe.

25. Tapping, fidgeting, clicking pens, and bouncing knees.

26. Smacking gum.

27. Sucking at a straw until it makes that gross vacuum, slurping sound.

28. When people clink their teeth on forks when they take a bite of food.

29. Dirty dishes in the sink.

30. When you're talking to someone and they won't stop staring at their phone screen.

31. When someone says to a girl "Must be that time of the month…"

32. When people talk over a movie or show…then ask "Wait, what happened? I'm confused."

33. When someone says "No offense, but…" and proceeds to say something offensive.

34. Being chased down the stairs – When you are walking at a decent pace, but the person behind you is late getting somewhere, and they are barreling down the stairs after you. You start fast walking and pray that they pass by you, because you don't want to die by stairway collision.

35. When people sneeze or cough without covering their mouths.

36. When motorcyclists or truck drivers rev their engines unnecessarily.

37. When your door is closed, then someone walks into the room, but leaves the door open when they exit.

38. When you're in a public bathroom but there is no toilet paper in the stall.

39. Buzzing noises.

40. When you're watching TV and someone turns on the garbage disposal, blender, vacuum, or another loud appliance.

41. When nail polish chips or smudges right after you had your nails done.

42. When someone says, "You wouldn't believe what just happened," and then they refuse to tell you.

43. When someone bashes your favorite book/movie/show, but they've never even read/watched it.

44. When you need an outlet to charge something, but there are none available or none exist.

45. When you are wearing sunglasses or prescription glasses and the bridge of your nose builds up sweat and grease.

46. When someone wakes you up in the middle of the night or ungodly early in the morning and asks, "Oh, did I wake you up?"

47. When you have a roommate who is addicted to the snooze button, or who doesn't wake up to their alarms, but you wake up…every…single…time.

48. Slow elevators.

49. When people stand too close to you in line so that they're breathing down your neck. They inch closer and closer to the point that you feel claustrophobic, even when you typically aren't.

50. When people bite or pick their nails and it makes a loud *click* noise.