10 Reasons Why the Past Week was the Best Week Ever for UK Students

23

As University of Kentucky students, we know we’ve got it going on, but this past week being a UK student was the best thing to be. Here’s a look at the 10 best things that happened to UK students this past week in no particular order.

1. UK Basketball beating Tennessee.

UK students thrive off of basketball victories and this week was no different. With a 66-48 victory over Tennessee, UK students realized that 26-0 looks great on this team!

2. Snow Day Number One.

UK rarely closes and after many UK students were tuckered out from DanceBlue, Monday’s snow day was celebrated by all.

3. Snow Day Number Two.

Things started to get real when President Eli Capilouto canceled class AGAIN on Tuesday!

4. Professors Canceling Class on Wednesday.

Okay, so Cap wasn’t into an entire week off of school, but it turns out the majority of our professors were down with the idea.

5. Snow Day Number Three.

STOP. IT. How did we get so lucky?

6. Snow Day Number Four.

Enough said.

7. DanceBlue.

Most would agree that DanceBlue was the highlight of the past week and this year DanceBlue raised $1,615,057.18 on behalf of the DanceBlue Kentucky Children’s Hospital Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Clinic.

8. Galentine’s Day/Valentine’s Day.

In other words: so much candy, fun and love. How great!

9. 50 Shades of Grey.

The pro 50 Shade-ers were ecstatic to see the film and get their Christian Grey fix while the anti-50 Shade-ers don’t have to hear about 50 Shades anymore. It’s win-win!

10. UK Basketball beating Auburn.

Surprise! They won again. Make that 27-0.