12 Ways To Make Your Snow Day The Best It Can Be

12 Things To Do For The Perfect Snow Day

When you live in the north, you can expect one or two snow days between December and March.

3

I have a love-hate relationship with snow days. I absolutely hate the cold, so any snow after Christmas makes me want to cry. Yet, at the same time, I love getting a day off to catch up on things in my life that have gotten pushed to the wayside. It's nice, sometimes, to have a day where you can just chill (pun intended). Here are some things that make the ultimate snow day possible!

1. Sleep in

Turn off your alarms and go back to bed! It's not often that you get to have a day to lie in bed, so take this opportunity while you have it!

2. Enjoy a hot beverage

Coffee, tea, hot chocolate - whatever will keep you warm and toasty!

3. Look out your window at the snow from the comfort of your warm house

I always like to appreciate the beauty of the snow without feeling the cold - it makes me grateful to have a house with heat.

4. Watch a movie you haven't seen yet

What better time to catch up on a movie that you meant to see but never got around to actually watching. Netflix has a great selection, but you could always rent one as well!

5. Shovel the driveway

Not everything can be fun. Get that shoveling done and out of the way so you don't have to worry about it tomorrow.

6. Take a warm shower

After you are frozen from the cold, the best thing to do is take a nice warm shower to warm up!

7. Bake cookies

Yummy, freshly baked cookies can always make your day better! Pick your favorite and get baking!

8. Read a book while you're cuddled up with a blanket

Get cozy, pick up that book you've been meaning to get to, and have a blast!

9. Make yourself another warm beverage

You can't go wrong with hot tea or hot chocolate, why not make yourself another cup?

10. Play some board games

Get everyone to sit and play a game together! Pick a classic or even a new one, it will be a great addition to your snow day!

11. Pamper yourself

Whatever this looks like for you - bath bombs, face masks, nail painting, writing in a journal - take some time to do something you don't normally get to do!

12. Go to bed early

Prepare yourself for the next day. If you're like me, I'm sure it's not often that you get to bed at a decent hour. Trust me, your future self will thank you!