10 Of My Favorite Disney Quotes Ever

I love quotes. I love Disney. Here are 10 quotes that stuck with me after watching all those movies.

1. "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear; the brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." -Meg Cabot, The Princess Diaries

This was one of the first quotes that really resonated with me from a young age. For some reason, I had the idea that to be courageous I had to stop being afraid, which is nearly impossible to do until I conquer what I am afraid of. Now, whenever I am afraid, I try to think, whatever happens to me may not go the way I want, but it is better to take every chance I have and know. How ridiculous would it be to let fear get in my way of possibly experiencing something great?

2. "This is perhaps the greatest risk that any of us will ever take: to be seen as we truly are." -Cinderella 

When I watched Cinderella as a kid, I was caught up in the magic of the fairytale. Watching the newest Cinderella movie however, I was able to better appreciate the story and Cinderella as a character in this movie. She took the risk many of us struggle to take. Despite the adversity she faced and the differences she had with those around her, she had the courage to stand up for what was right but never failed to also be kind.

3. "Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." - Winnie the Pooh

I love Winnie the Pooh! And I love this quote. Whenever I'm sad or feeling down, I think back to the little moments where I've just felt pure joy, where I felt loved, surrounded by the people I love. It makes my heart so so full. It's what keeps me going in life. Try it sometime!

4. "You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are." - Alice, Alice in Wonderland 

It's so true. Alice in Wonderland is one of my all-time favorite movies. As the Cheshire Cat says to Alice, "We're all mad here." Might as well embrace it! In this world, we tend to alienate those we think are odd, weird, or crazy. I don't know why that is, because those people are probably the most fun and interesting you will ever meet! The best people I know are the ones who don't conform to the norm.

5. "The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all." -The Emperor, Mulan

This quote conveys such a beautiful message. Mulan was one of my biggest inspirations as a kid. She faced war and prejudice to save her family, a mission which she triumphed in. People who can flourish despite struggles are hard to find but they are the strongest, and most beautifully unique individuals because of it.

6. "The only way to get what you want in this world is through hard work." - Tiana, The Princess and the Frog

As much magic Disney gives us, Tiana is right. If you want something in this world, it is not going to be given to you by a flick of a wand. You have to work for it. It is as simple as that.

7. "Life is not a spectator sport. If watching is all you're gonna do, you're gonna watch your life go on without ya." -Laverne, The Hunchback of Norte Dame

There is a difference between living and just existing. This quote is the perfect reminder of that. If all you do is watch life go by, then you just exist. To truly live, you have to take action in whatever life is throwing at you. If you don't, you'll be stuck thinking of the things that could've been...

8. "You think the only people who are people are the only people who look and think like you. But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you;ll learn things you never knew." -Pocahantas

This is a quote that I think everyone should really take to heart. The message this song conveys is so important. Just because a person does not look like you or live like you, it does not mean they are not human being who deserves the same consideration and compassion that you would want others to give you.

9. "Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego, Ratatouille

Technically this is Pixar, but it just had to make it in. This quote is so important for the world we live in today. We should never underestimate our ability to be great because of where we came from. We should never underestimate the abilities of others either, like Anton Ego learned in the movie. Essentially, don't let your assumptions overcome your perceptions. Never underestimate anyone. That's that.

10. "Always let your conscience be your guide."- The Blue Fairy, Pinocchio

Sometimes I get so wrapped up inside my own head, I let others, their thoughts, and their input control my life. Thinking that is how I'll be happy would be a lie (and I don't want my nose to grow like Pinocchio!) This quote from The Blue Fairy reminds me that ULITIMATELY I need to be the one in control of my life.