Sometimes as we go through life we need a little bit of encouragement. This encouragement can come from many places, but for me it comes from Disney quotes. I found my favorite Disney quotes to help you get through that tough patch in life, too. Sometimes all we need is a little faith, trust and pixie dust, and a good Disney quote.
1. “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.” - Walt Disney
In life you need to remember that you can do anything you set your mind to. Look at Walt. Everyone thought that his idea to start a theme park was impossible and here we are celebrating Disneyland's 60th anniversary. Promise to never let anyone tell you that something is impossible for you to do.
2. “Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it.” - Rafiki, "The Lion King"
The past is something that we can choose to either learn from or we can run from it. We all have scars from the past and we need to learn from the mistakes that we once made. We have a choice in life and that choice is that we can let our past decisions haunt us or help us. I think Rafiki says it best about running away from our past or learning from it.
3. "Even miracles take a little time." - Fairy Godmother, "Cinderella"
I have a personal experience of waiting for a miracle to happen to me. That miracle was getting accepted into my first Disney College Program. My acceptance came when I was least expecting it. Sometimes you just need to be patient and keep waiting because your miracle is waiting to happen.
4. "Our fate lives within us. You only have to be brave enough to see it." - Merida, "Brave"
We have the chance to change our fate, but we need to dig down deep down inside to find it. Your bravery will help you in life and once you find your bravery you will be able to do anything.
5 . "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney
Do not let anyone tell you that your dreams are stupid. Keeping having faith in your dreams, continue chasing after them and one day all of your hard work is going to pay off.
6. “’Ohana’ means ‘family’, and ‘family’ means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.” - Lilo, "Lilo and Stitch"
This is one of my favorite quotes from any Disney movie. You never know who you will find to be in your Ohana but they will always be there for you and never leave you behind.
7. "Hakuna Matata!” - Timon and Pumbaa, "The Lion King"
As an iconic quote, I needed to include this wonderful quote, and yes we all just sang this in our heads. It is true, though, if you always remember this one saying you will remember that you will have no worries?
8. “Have faith in your dreams, and someday your rainbow will come smiling through.” - Cinderella, "Cinderella"
As long as you keep believing in your dreams, they will come true. Keep fighting for your dream, the path may be rough, but just keep believing in yourself.
9. “Second star to the right and straight on till morning.” - Peter Pan, "Peter Pan"
Neverland is a place that I think of when I am feeling down. It is a place of wonder where you can still be your inner child. Every once in awhile, we need to travel to Neverland to get our inner child back and to get away from the negativity.
10. “I only hope we never lose sight of one thing… that it was all started by a mouse.” - Walt Disney
Remember that without Mickey, where would Disney be now? Walt himself even once said that it all started with a mouse. Just think— your life is starting now, so get ready.
Disney is a timeless thing and we can learn infinite lessons from the many characters that we know. Now buckle up and go chase your life and your dreams!