10 Disney Quotes That Tell My Mom I Love Her Better Than I Ever Could

Ft. Disney Classics like "The Fox and the Hound" and "The Artisocats."

5914
Maggie Kieffer

As shocking as it may be, especially considering that I like writing, I do *not* enjoy writing about my feelings. I enjoy talking about them even less, and therefore rarely tell the people I love that I love them half as much as they deserve hearing it. And, let me be honest here, when I do say it, it is extremely ineloquent. If there is one thing I like less than verbal signs of affection, it's physical signs of affection. If you ask anyone who is remotely close to me, they can attest to the fact that I HATE hugs. I can count on my fingers the number of people that I let hug me, and that includes family members and friends. Basically, affection is NOT one of my strong suits.

This being the case, I was having a very difficult time figuring out how to tell my mom just how special she is to me. It is her 50th birthday after all! A milestone birthday and I have no idea what to get her for a gift or how to express to her how amazing she is. I literally would not be alive without her. I couldn't survive without her now – from words of advice to a listening ear on the phone to emergency texts about how to cook or do laundry, I definitely would not have made it to adulthood without my mom's love and guidance.

I can say all that, say how amazing and helpful and (I could keep inserting adjectives, but I think you get the point), but I would never feel like I've said enough. My mom and I share a lot of common interests, but the one place I know my mom is happiest is when she has us all home from school and we're on family vacation together- whether it be Disney World or a Disney Cruise, Disney has truly delivered on being her happiest place on Earth. (Although, I am giving the mouse only 85% of the credit- I think me and my two siblings earn at least 5% each of making her happy, right?)

So, in commemoration of her happy place plus my complete failure at expressing how wonderful my mother is on her birthday, here are 10 Disney quotes that describe my mom and how much I love her:

1. "Some people are worth melting for." - Olaf, Frozen

Mom, you're definitely worth melting for.

2. "But in my heart's the memory, and there you'll always be." - The Fox and the Hound

No matter where I am or what I'm doing, the lessons and memories I have of us so far are always with me.

3. "Practically perfect in every way." - Mary Poppins

Well, you are.

4. "Ladies do not start fights, but they can finish them." - Marie, The Aristocats

You taught me to fight for myself and what I believe in.

5. "Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day." - The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Every day with my mom is an adventure, and I cherish every single one.

6. "No matter where I go, you'll always be my mother....And you'll always be in my heart." - Tarzan

*Cue emotional music*

7.  "If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together, there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart, I'll always be with you." - The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

I guess Pooh has all kinds of wisdom, because these are the kinds of things you taught me.

8. "Go live your dream." - Thug, Tangled

You've always encouraged me to live my dreams and chase after the new ones, and you've given me all the tools I need to do it. Plus, we all knew I had to work a "Tangled" quote in somehow.

9. "A true hero isn't measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart." - Zeus, Hercules

You're my hero mom, and you have the biggest heart I know.

10. "When I look at you, I'm home." - Dory, Finding Nemo 

No matter where I go live, you will always be my mom and my home and my best friend.

Happy 50th birthday Mom, I love you!