Why I Hate Modern Feminism
Politics

Why I Hate Modern Feminism

I'm not sure how many more double standards we can take.

193
Why I Hate Modern Feminism
Business Insider

I've been trying for the last several days not to explode. Between the inauguration and the millions of women that marched in protest, I'm proud of myself for not blowing my top until now. I can't do it anymore, and I am not the first to speak out on this issue. Women have taken extreme advantage of the idea of "Feminism" and continue to stray away from our foremother's footsteps. I hate what feminism has become and I hate the way that some feminists have continued to act. All in all, equality is a mindset, and if you think you are not equal to every other person in this world, then you are not going to act like it and you have already set yourself back. If you think you are equal, then you're going to act equal and, therefore, be viewed as equal. It's very similar to the saying,"If you think you can't then you won't." Constantly pointing out negatives will make the world seem incredibly negative.

Let me start by saying that every argument against a Republican presidential candidate, or Republican president in office, is driven by this illogical fear that this person is going to rid American women of their "right" to abortions birth control. This is an outrageous concept for several reasons. First of all, if you are angry because you're afraid that someone else is no longer going to be paying for your birth control, then you are not a feminist. If you are truly an independent female who don't need no man, then you shouldn't care if you suddenly have to pay for your own birth control. It's absolutely astounding to me that we want to be strong and independent, but we have to rely on the government's payments in order to care for our own bodies. Let me ask you a question: why would you put the care of your own body in the hands of someone else?

Second of all, since when is birth control your God given right? Do you understand that if we abstained from sex until marriage, as many Christians are told many times, then there would be no need for birth control? I realize that many women use birth control for many other reasons besides the prevention of pregnancy, but my argument still stands.

Furthermore, if you took care of your body and used proper birth control methods, then there would also be no need for abortions. Trust me, the government is never going to make abortions illegal either because it's their second most effective form of population control. I'll humor you for thirty seconds and say that Trump and his administration do make abortion illegal, then there are thousands of gay couples out there who would kill for a baby to adopt, and there are thousands of men and women with reproductive issues who can't make a baby on their own and can't afford other expensive medical methods that only have a 50% chance of actually working. Adoption is an option.

The following photo, tweeted by @loripetty, is provided in order to understand my further discussion of feminist double standards:

A lot of speculation has surrounded this photo of Trump not opening the door for Melania saying that this is the only way to prove just how much he disrespects women. I disagree. If Trump didn't open the door for Melania, then couldn't it be because he respects her independence and her wishes to open the door for herself? Doesn't this make Trump a feminist? Or have I just been confused by all of you women who groan and complain when a man opens the door for you? What if Trump didn't even have to open the door for Melania? It is obvious to me that this photo has been cropped and it is possible that we could be missing two people who were standing there in order to open the door for Trump and Melania. I understand that opening a door for a woman shows that the man respects women, but, seriously, do you want a guy to open a door for you or not? Are you independent or not?

These are just a few of the double standards that I have seen in the last three days. Imagine the multitude of double standards that I have seen in my entire lifetime and just didn't know it at the time.

As I said earlier I am not the first to be angered by these issues. Gina Davis wrote a great article that you can read by clicking the provided linked text, and Amanda Sankey also has some valid points in her article on why she is not a feminist. Time Magazine also has great insight as to the absolute atrocity that modern feminists have made women's rights out to be which you can read by clicking here.

***Please note that I did not address all issues when it comes to women's health care. Some, such as pregnancy care and cancer screenings are too important and I agree that they should be provided for women. I also know that there are multiple sides to each issue, and note that I am only arguing one side. If you still wish to disagree with me, then I suggest you look at these things from a point of view that isn't yours