Really though, why is it so hard for people to be honest and trustworthy? I'm sure that you have been crossed like this before, feeling betrayed that someone was dishonest or broke your trust. I get that situations can be sticky, but is it really hard just to speak up and communicate, rather than tip-toeing around the truth?
When I have been the one being dishonest, I still look back and think about how I could have handled the situation differently. I just don't understand what the point is in being like this, what kind of satisfaction does it give you? It damages relationships and ruins friendships, it can even rip people apart for like...well forever.
The more I grow up the more I realize how I need to close my heart more to the world. I have always had a big heart, and been so easy to trust. Heck, I even was okay my old boyfriend who CHEATED ON ME went out partying without me, because I trusted him that much even after that.
I just don't understand how hard it is for people to be honest, it honesty honestly [no pun intended] makes EVERYTHING so much better to understand, no matter what kind of situation you may be in. It sucks because I wish (and I'm sure many of you wish this too) that people can just be more blunt, to the point, and just honest. Lying and breaking trust is pretty foul, and even if people want to protect themselves by saying something other than they mean is actually more damaging on character than you would think.
Not to make this article sound more like a rant than it already is, here is what you should be taking away from this: keep your circle small of those you trust, and just communicate and be honest. I promise it isn't as hard as you think it is!
- I Don't Trust "Love Guru" Matthew Hussey - And You Shouldn't Too ›
- Trust Issues vs. The Real World ›
- To The Father Who Taught Me Not To Trust ›
- 5 Ways To Deal With The 'Snakes' In Your Life ›
- having trust issues is not uncommon ›
- How Social Media Has Ruined Our Capability To Trust ›
- Why I don't trust anyone ›
- This Is Why It's So Hard To Trust People When You Have Anxiety ... ›
- 5 Ways to Tell if Someone Is Untrustworthy | Inc.com ›
- When You Don't Trust Anyone - Be Yourself ›
- Why You Don't Easily Trust People & How to Get it Back ›
- What kind of person can't trust anyone? - Quora ›
- The True Meaning of the Phrase, "I don't trust anyone." | Wired For ... ›
- The Trouble With Trust | Psychology Today ›
- 3 Reasons You Find It Hard To Trust People | Leading with Trust ›