What I Want Out Of 2017

What I Want Out Of 2017

More hope and less disaster maybe?
9

The new year is here and already it's overwhelming! If there's anything I want from this new year, it's that I don't want a repeat of the mistakes I made in 2016. I want this new year to be something better for myself and those around me. I won't try to get too sappy, but let's go into detail about the specifics I want out of 2017.

I think the first thing I want to aim for is thinking more positively about myself. Fortunately, this kind of positive behavior has been something I've even started last year, though a little late. It's kinda sad how much negativity there is in my thoughts, but it's something I want to distinguish. I think the reason why there's so much negativity in my mind anyway is because of how much I overthink. I can't help it, it's something that comes with the anxiety. However, despite all that, I want to be more positive and hopefully be able to spread that positivity around as well.

The second thing I want to aim for in the year 2017 is practicing and excelling in my hobbies and academics. Now I know that might sound a little cliché or typical, but it's really something I want to work on. Procrastination kills me in almost every aspect of my academic life and though I can't help it, I really need to rid of this habit. Still, apart from that, if there's anything I learned from 2016 is that the more you do something, the better you really will become. So I'm going to take this as a big opportunity and continue practicing at everything I love to do, including writing!

The final thing I want to aim for in the new year (which might sound even sappier and cliché than the last thing) is to be open and loud about my feelings as much as possible. The last thing I want is to become quiet and afraid to speak because of anyone's bad feelings or animosity towards me. I'm going to take all these things and make it into something positive for myself. No longer will I stay completely quiet about my feelings; I will definitely love as loudly as possible and make sure that the people I care about know that I care about them.

Even if 2016 was a wild mess, I genuinely hope that the new year is much better for me and everyone else! We all deserve a better time, to be honest.