What It Means To "Live Your Truth"

What It Means To "Live Your Truth"

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

10015
What It Means To "Live Your Truth"
Ledjen Haase

"Live Your Truth." What does this phrase even mean? To me, living your truth is living your most truthful self and fully embracing yourself as a person. We are all different as individuals and should be able to fully express our differences and live in full openness and truthfulness.

Society can largely influence us as individuals if we allow it to consume us. A lot of us spend our day-to-day lives living up to these expectations and definitions of how we should be or how we should act. These expectations and definitions can put you in a pit of despair and depression, as you will ultimately find out that most of those expectations are unrealistic or hindering to your "true self".

We all have a different path or destiny that we must take and those paths vary from person to person. Some people might have more privileges than others, adding to the advantages certain people have over other individuals. Spend less time focusing on what you could have by fully cherishing what you currently have in the present, which leads to my first step of "Living your truth".

1. Accept who you are currently

A HUGE part in accepting your truth is embracing the life you are currently living. Yes, you may realize other people are more blessed or more privileged than you but do not let this discourage you from what you may possess that someone else doesn't.

CHERISH your personal gifts and talents! Monetary gain isn't always the answer or solution for all of your problems. At the end of the day your mental, emotional and spiritual states can effect your overall well being as an individual.

Being open and true to yourself can truly make a difference in your outer appearance on the world and how you can become a better you for the future.

2. Realize your worth

YOU ARE IMPORTANT! As I stated above, cherish your talents and gifts. Recognize what makes you special to fully realize your worth and importance. You are a special being that was placed upon this Earth for a particular reason. Your lessons shape you into who you are today regardless of if they are good or bad. Your true self can get covered by worldly definitions and expectations and realizing your worth can help you unravel all the wonders of being you!

3. Learning your own personal truth

Probably the hardest part of living your truth is learning what your truth even is. In reality, you already know what your truth is. You know who you are as a person, you know what makes your heart filled with joy and what makes you smile. If you ignore the judgement, ignore the hate, ignore society's expectations and definitions you will become aware of the truth within you.

Once you stop and listen to your inner-self you will, again, become aware of the truth within you. You may even need to pray, meditate, think about or even write about your thoughts and feelings to embrace your truthful self.

4. Live your truth!

Once you've recognized your truth and embraced your individuality you will come to realize that living your truth will ultimately free you. You'll realize that you are confident, powerful and also come to realization that you'll become more authentic when communicating with others and yourself!

Living your truth will free you from seeking validation from other people because you'll recognize your self-worth. You'll begin to feel less guilty for taking care of yourself and allowing yourself to be your first priority. You are your own responsibility and you should be allowed you make sure you're mentally and emotionally okay without the stress of others.

Be proud of who you are! You are given one life and you'll cherish it so much more when you live in openness. We're always told to tell the truth so I don't see the problem with being especially true to ourselves.

GO. LIVE. YOUR. TRUTH!