A Thank You Letter To My Parents On Christmas

Why your parents are so amazing and you should be extra thankful during the holiday season.

19879
timeanddate.com

I’d like to start off and say thank you to my parents for everything they have done for me. During the holiday season, we tend to forget how hard it is to get kids what they want, keep them happy, and take care of them at the same time. My parents have been making my Christmases, and life, amazing since I was born. My parents not only gave me life, but they made a life for me to live. From changing diapers to filling out the dreaded FASFA, my parents have been there for me every step of the way. I hope everyone has had some moments with their parents that are as special as I mine. No matter if your parents are together still or alive, you had someone that wants to make your life enjoyable especially during the holiday season. Christmas is a time to reflect and realize how blessed you are, and I am extremely blessed to have the parents I do. Here is a thank you to all of the parents out there as well as those who acted like parents to us.

Thank you for making every Christmas memorable and happy from day one.

Thank you for all of the presents and time you spent picking them out and making them exactly what I wanted.

Thank you for loving me and providing for me every day.

Thank you for helping me make cookies for Santa and helping me set them out every Christmas Eve.

Thank you for all of the laughs and tickle fights as my brother and me woke both of you up on Christmas Day at 4 a.m.

Thank you for taking me to church and showing me the real reason we celebrate Christmas.

Thank you for all of the life lessons you have taught that you can’t put a price tag on.

Thank you for showing me what a great parent looks and acts like.

Thank you for sitting through those many talents shows and soccer games despite my (lack of) talent level.

Thank you for treating my brother and me equally (even though he’s the favorite sometimes, lol).

Thank you for all of the hot meals cooked and the random trips to get milkshakes or candy bars just to keep us fed and happy.

Thank you for taking care of me when I was sick and couldn’t take care of myself.

Thank you for holding me through all the hard times and being there when I had no one else to turn to.

Thank you for supporting me through every heartbreak and disappointment that I have faced.

Thank you for believing in my dreams and never doubting them for a second.

Thank you for providing me clothes to wear.

Thank you for giving me a great education by supporting me through college.

Thank you for making Christmas special for me no matter how old I get.

Having you as parents is the greatest gift anyone could receive for Christmas. I know as a college student, a good relationship is hard to have with parents due different views and maturity levels, which can cause arguments. Don’t let that stop showing your parents how thankful you are for them. Even if they aren’t the greatest be grateful they gave you LIFE. You have the power to make your life anything you want and that’s ONLY because of them. Be the best child you can be all year round. Considering how much they do for you Christmas, be extra good to them this time of year and show them how thankful you are and how much you love them.

I love you so much, Mommy and Daddy!