"A semicolon is used when an author could’ve ended a sentence but chose not to. You are the author and the sentence is your life," says The Semicolon Project. To many victims of mental health issues, this tattoo symbolizes the prospect of moving ahead. After the launch of the project, an increasing number of people dealing with mental health issues have shared pictures of their own semicolon tattoo. Here are some of the most beautiful semicolon tattoos:
1. This simple reminder.
2. Or you can get it with the people you love.
3. Or make it a part of a larger design.
4. Incorporate it with your favorite poetry.
5. You can get it on your foot.
6. Or discreetly at the back of your ear!
5. Just remember to make it your own.
Watch this video for more information!
This project not only helps survivors to remember that at crucial moments in their life, they chose to fight their illness rather than become chained to it, but also helps survivors to meet other survivors. To some, this semicolon is just a tattoo but to those who are a part of this movement, the semicolon is a like a bat signal that says "You are not alone in your battle."