Without Walking In The Shoes Of Others, How Can We Stand Together?
relationships

You may not even know how much you care about the person you love the most until they are taken away from you.

96
Photo by Max Rovensky on Unsplash

We tend to have an internal conflict of questioning why we don't get along with others as well as why our conversations can be so biased at times. This is the issue of not putting ourselves even just for a second, into the lives of others and the paths that they may take. Many stress about their own lives which is completely valid, yet we don't think about the others who walk with us daily. Showing compassion towards others is the first step in building those relationships and ties with those that we love the most. Even though we push ourselves away from others that we care about when we become close to them out of fear, there's always something that ties us together. Our life experiences.

When walking in the same way or a similar direction, we can all help each other with the stepping stones it takes to get to the next day or month. All we need to do is simply listen to one another and show the support we strive to obtain due to the difficulties that we encounter daily. We can't just expect ourselves to become closer to one another when there's nothing building that foundation of trust and compassion. The more that we let others into our lives, the better those relationships will become and continue to be until the end of time. Every tie that you have is configured by your own feelings and what you want out of each relationship that you have.

You can decide how loose or tight these ties are depending on how much you care about that person. You may not even know how much you care about the person you love the most until they are taken away from you. How will we ever know what they went through if all we remember is losing them? It's so crucial to take the time to listen and empathize with those you love to make sure they remain in your lives if it's meant to be, and that they are okay. It's so difficult to see if people are okay in this generation due to the constant stigmas that are created depicting mental health in various lights. We are definitely progressing, yet there is so much work to be done.

If we stop creating our own opinions about how people are feeling and why they are emotional in that way, we may actually be able to create more human-based interactions that mean something to us. We don't need those outer layer interactions that are simply "fake" or unjust. It's 2019 and we need those interactions that are going to impact our lives in ways that we could never imagine. Every person has their own story, and somehow we all fit into one huge on that we haven't even finished reading yet. Although we may be in scattered chapters, we all somehow intertwine throughout and meet in the middle. We all came from the same place and eventually, we will all end up together as well.

So even if you're walking behind or next to someone, remember that there's always someone walking with you.